Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I actually liked it better right outside the MCG this morning; it really captured the feeling of the Grand Final fever being right outside the great sporting colosseum rather than slightly away from it all in Federation Square. I didn’t even know if I would like it but I am actually hoping they continue to broadcast from here in the future on Grand Final Eve :grin:

3 Likes

Totally agree it much better outside the MCG,hopefully they broadcast from there in the future instead of Federation Square.

4 Likes

Matt Doran co-hosting with Monique this weekend with Simon presenting sport outside the MCG on Saturday and from outside ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

James Tobin is back from holidays he is also in Melbourne.

9 Likes

Why are there balloons?

4 Likes

They had AFL Grand Final backdrop with balloons in the teams colours,obviously not in that cap.

4 Likes

Eddy presenting News & Entertainment this week, Nat returns from holidays next week.
Ryan Phelan presented sport Monday -Thursday this week.

4 Likes

Another win to Sunrise in week 39 up again Today’s We Love the East Coast week.

3 Likes

Is it official that they’re No.1 now?

2 Likes

See:

and previously posted:

Nine has historically been the only network to makes claims based on weeks won, usually for news, ACA and breakfast TV.

It isn’t really an official measure as OzTAM sticks to “average audience” i.e., how many people are watching, so you need to wait until the end of the year to work out the winner. Theoretically Today’s average audience could improve for the rest of the survey and they could overtake Sunrise. After last week Sunrise leads by 8,000 viewers.

2 Likes

If you include the two weeks of Olympics that included IMO some dodgy coding of Olympic events as Sunrise (see below) - Sunrise had 4,000 more viewers than Today on average. If the Olympics are excluded (which is common practice, and practised by Seven for the London Olympics on Nine) Today had 4,000 more than Sunrise!

Rating of 650,000 for Sunrise was actually Boomers and the USA basketball game.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/thursday-11-august-2016/1695

1 Like

Sunrise started at 5am AEDT this morning to cover the latest on the Las Vegas mass shooting.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Melbourne correspondent Nathan Templeton presented sport this morning. Sam mentioned they didn’t know when Beretts would be returning.

5 Likes

Nat due back from holidays next week?

2 Likes

Yes l think she returns Monday.

4 Likes

Basil Zempilas co-hosting with Monique this weekend.

7 Likes

Hmmm… new Weekend Sunrise titlecard? Spotted at the top of the hour and going into the breaks today.

EDIT: Or just a nostalgic crew this morning? Since it looks like the old logo before the current 3D one…

very good vs

15 Likes

I prefer that old font. It actually looks fresher…

9 Likes

Funny how they are using the 2010 logo.

1 Like

Old one looks much better. Maybe some planned changes?

3 Likes