Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes

1 Like

Sunrise need to review their staff curriculum…

11 Likes

That is disgraceful.

Nat on location at Essendon in Melbourne for this mornings special coverage with Eddy reading the rest of today’s news back in the studio.

4 Likes

First time I’ve watched sunrise for a while this morning and I thought it was quite good, the backdrops behind Sam & Kochie were great.

3 Likes

I think Sunrise need to trim the amount of celebrity and royal news stories they have. I generally watch the 7am to 7:30 half hour and there is always a royal type story in that window when they should just be concentrating on news stories.

2 Likes

Eddy is live from the Oscars on Monday.

4 Likes

Anything special about Sunrise yesterday morning? Highest rated show so far this year 60,000 ahead of Today.

2 Likes

It’s great to see Sunrise pick up form again after what happened to them the same time last year. I know many would disagree with me, but I prefer watching Sunrise to Today.

5 Likes

Karl has been absent from Today filming his new TV show.

Whilst that may contribute, Today has been beaten easily since November/December.

If Karl has been the reason for the ratings lead then why did they loose for such a long period of time?

Personally I’d prefer it if more people watched ABC News Breakfast and/or Studio 10 in the morning.

Sunrise is toxic because of Samantha Armytage, Today is toxic because of Karl Stefanovic. Enough said really.

3 Likes

Sunrise started winning again last year about 2 months before the Olympics - they won 6 out of 9 weeks leading up to then.

1 Like

Sunrise have really come out firing in 2017, massive gap between them & The Today Show (certainly regional, but also metro) :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Sunrise won week 8 by an average of 26,000 nationally winning all markets except Sydney.

3 Likes

That is the smallest difference this year, right?

Week 4 was 25,000

1 Like

She received a lot of attention last year from the tabloid including the segment featuring Kristin Davis… which caused the ratings drop with the new format. People watch Sunrise because they pretty much don’t like the presenters on Today. Personally i think Karl jokes too much, i agree you need a balance but i feel there is too much joking… then all of a sudden he is sent by Nine to cover big events, so you cant really take him seriously. However thats just my opinion

Just adding to back up Karl jokes too much, there is a whole Youtube channel dedicated to his joke https://www.youtube.com/user/KarlStefanovicVideo/videos

2 Likes

Eddy was in LA this morning.

5 Likes