Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

The shine has come off Beyoncé. Her last album was arguably a flop and her singles were definitely flops. I don’t think you can put her on that list. Replace her with Taylor Swift and you might be closer to the mark.

I was under the assumption based on what was said this morning, Katy was going to be co-hosting the entire morning whenever this happens and she would be replacing Sam as the co-host for that morning in a similar fashion as to what happened that infamous week back in July 2015 (the week I must say I was last in Sydney and visited Brekky Central which is why I remember it so well!) when Keith Urban, Chris Isaak and co replaced Kochie in the co-hosting position of Sunrise for the entire morning when he was off with a good reason apparently. If this is the case, then would that mean Sam would come up with a convenient excuse to be ‘away’ that morning like Kochie in that week in 2015?

Arguably a flop? It was the biggest selling album of last year and a streaming success. I didn’t think it was very good (her sister Solange’s album was so much better) but the numbers stack up. Fair cop on Taylor Swift though.

I did say “arguably” a flop. :wink: How do sales compare to previous albums and singles?

How does anything in the music industry compare to previous eras? Hard to compare.

Anyway, I’ve taken this far too off topic…back to Sunrise but happy to keep chatting on this in the Music thread :blush:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Music

Monday (12.06.17)- Friday (16.06.17): Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news this morning.

1 Like

Sunrise won week 23 by 7,000. Today won Monday but Sunrise won the other four days.

2 Likes

This morning when they crossed to Sam Mac he was caught off guard and said ‘shoot’.

This is because apparently Nat is heading back to Perth today to read Perth news again from tomorrow onwards since Matt Tinney has just said that he is going on holidays for a couple of weeks

6 Likes

That is obviously great news for Perth News but IMO, it is stupid taking her away from her national newsreading role.

5 Likes

Well I don’t know how long this is for, it may only be for this week or a few days this week so don’t get too worried yet!! I highly doubt it would be for the whole time Matt is away and before long someone like Amelia Broun will replace her for the rest of the time he is away and Nat will go back to Brekky Central and read the national news like she should be doing. It’s probably just to give her more exposure to local Perth audiences on the local Perth news since she is a Bunbury gal and all :wink:

3 Likes

Mate, Sandgropers have known Nat Barr for decades and she’s as Sandgroper as Fat Cat, Rick & Sue and Export. It’s like saying 'Kate Richie should go back to Summer Bay for more exposure".

3 Likes

I think you are misinterpreting what I’m trying to say. Of course everyone in WA knows her, I meant that she is being given a role more closer to home for her and exclusive to WA, giving more of a connection between her and WA audiences rather than normal everyday Sunrise where she is seen on a national level and only makes the odd reference every now and then to her everyday roots.

For all we know, Nat might’ve flown over there to spend a bit of time with family along with the presenting work.

In any case, I’m sure that Natalie Barr filling in on Sunrise Perth News won’t do their ratings any harm over in the West. If anything, it’s a good thing because it emphasises the fact that a local presenter is part of a national breakfast show (of course I still think Perth actually needs fully live & local breakfast shows, but that’s a debate for another time).

6 Likes

Its not the first time she has filled in on Perth News.

Watching Sunrise this morning, which is a rarity for me but I’ve seen a few errors this morning in the 20 minutes or so I’ve been watching. Firstly while Sam was interviewing a guest, vision briefly switched back to Kochie standing at the video wall ready for the nest segment and secondly whilst they crossed to Sam Mac who was in the makeup room with Larry & Kylie the 2 way vision screen said his location was the U.S Bureau.

1 Like

Yeah I know, she filled in last year at some stage & I really liked it which is why I was so excited that she was going to be doing it again

Some caps of Nat presenting :blush: Still wished they returned to the live shot for Perth News

11 Likes

Whenever Nat is here she shows how actually really bad Matt is.

2 Likes