Sunrise

Lol News does largely the same thing.
In this case, and I’m no fan of the Daily Mail (see a post of mine a few scrolls up) they are reporting on released scenes to media rather than any reporting from News.

1 Like

They’re good at making it sound like it’s their own work.

I agree with most write-offs but this was network supplies footage. Just seems like an odd thing to call out @JohnsonTV on this time.

1 Like

Any thoughts?

I reckon if they were planning something we would’ve heard about it by now.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Besides…if the next Sunrise relaunch is anything like the most recent refresh for Seven News where minor and barely noticeable tweaks are made, I’d probably prefer it if Sunrise’s current look (as tacky as it’s been ever since first launching on-screen almost five years ago) remained in use for another year or two. Things like improving the quality of the content need to be a priority before the On-Air Presentation is changed!

What’s that got to do with the presidential inauguration?
Given the violence this morning I think they’ll send someone. Would be hard to send Eddy with a baby then having to quarantine on her return.

2 Likes

Any special coverage on Seven this morning regarding the mess in Washington D.C? You’d think with Today breathing down their neck they’ll step it up with full on rolling coverage.

I wouldn’t think so. Why would Seven send Nat to America again when they have three excellent reporters in Ashlee Mullany, Tim Lester and David Woiwood who can cover anything that happens in America without resorting to the likes of Nat?

2 Likes

Well we all thought that last year but they sent Nat for the vote.

1 Like

The election and inauguration are two different matters. The latter doesn’t generate enough interest to warrant any more attention than the former.

I’d rather see Nat in Australia anchoring rolling coverage (instead of Sam) instead of being sent to America and having to quarantine again for two weeks. It just won’t help Sunrise against an increasingly competitive Today.

1 Like

(upload://iEePlUVeDiqlJfGcwaFofIF8abv.jpeg)

6 Likes

Good to see some rolling coverage on Sunrise too.

4 Likes

Not true. Sunrise has sent team members in previous years. I can recall Mel going and maybe Nat previously…

4 Likes

Sunrise is scheduled to finish early at 9am local time in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, before each day’s play of the cricket test between Australia and India at the SCG. Of course, if there is rolling coverage like this morning, Sunrise can go to 9.30am with cricket pre-match on 7mate.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, just asking.

Sunrise continuing past 9am AEDT.

5 Likes

Are they going live into QLD or SA this morning?

Sunrise cuts coverage at 9.30am AEDT due to the Test Cricket. Today coverage is still rolling LIVE.

No, Sunrise is delayed in QLD

Sunrise has finished in AEDT zones

1 Like

Nat and Mat have swapped sides and are presenting from the other end of the studio. Wonder why?

2 Likes