Sunrise

Haven’t seen him present much before not being in Sydney. He’s very good. This is the kind of upcoming talent Sunrise should be looking to for the future imo.

7 Likes

Agree. I could see him replacing Beretts in the future and becoming the permanent sports presenter.

They should put him on Weekend Sunrise sport, to familiarise him with the audience.

8 Likes

Nathan was also The Morning Show and referred to as a 7 News reporter, hopefully he is a permanent addition to the Melbourne team.

2 Likes

Matt has fitted in with the team very well on his first morning on the show, great banter with the team.
I could definitely see him being on the show permanently one day,but let’s not forget Berett’s wouldn’t be retiring for many years.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Was Nathan made redundant by Nine and Sunrise picked him up? Or did he simply just make the decision himself to leave Nine to join Sunrise?

Hope he will join the Melbourne news team permanently. He’s a much better sports presenter than Sean Sowerby or Jacqueline Felgate.

3 Likes

He’d be good for the 4pm bulletin, and then Sean Sowerby and Andrew McCormack can focus on reporting for the 6pm bulletin.

Or maybe he’s just going to do Sunrise.

Most likely - just David Woiwod’s replacement, and will report for 7 News if there’s a major news event.

5 Likes

Yes, he was made redundant.

Are these promos for what’s coming up for the next morning between weather and closing of the 6pm bulletin new? Melbourne just aired one.

In the latest Qld specific promo for Sunrise, one of the clips has Sam saying, “we’ll pressure these politicians”… given the current turn off Sunrise in Brisbane and the popularity of the border closures here, they should delete that part. It will work against them even more.

2 Likes

And all Tamra Bow could report from yesterday’s press conference by the Qld treasurer was the total level of debt. Nothing about how Qld is outperforming both NSW and Vic (pre stage 4 lockdown) in terms of jobs and economic growth and our exports are more than both NSW and Vic combined.
And the states performing best atm are the ones with their borders closed.
Not headline worthy I guess.

That’s it. I’ve turned Sam off. She’s out of control with her opinions in Hot Topics today. Good luck 7… you’re no longer No 1, your news is losing in the major cities… you’re about to lose the one thing you have left, the breakfast slot, if she’s allowed to continue.

5 Likes

My god. Sam and that Sharri Markson idiot. It’s almost become Sky news Morning.

6 Likes

Completely out of touch. Sunrise is becoming very Sydney-centric. I’m not sure if they are aware, but they are championing the minority in the respective states.

Quite ironic given in her interiew with Liberal MP Tim Smith, he went on completely unchallenged.

Sam’s new thing isn’t the borders, it’s the Melbourne lockdowns, which she “refuses” to call a roadmap because there is “no plan”. I have substitles on and, if I’d taken a shot for every time she has ad-libed “so called roadmap” in her news copies today, I’d have down at least six.

12 Likes

That whole premise of her argument sounds pathetic.

She needs to pull back or go. This is a news program, not one of Sky’s whingefests at night. I mean you don’t see Allison Langdon or Lisa Millar sprouting their own POV on their respective shows.

3 Likes

Pell and Sam need to be moved on, they’re tanking the show after 15 years of success riding on other peoples coat tails.

7 Likes

Why is she even on this show? She should stay on Sky where nobody hears (or cares) about her opinions.

I can understand people saying that Sam needs to be moved on, but I’m not sure why lots of people seem to want Pell gone? He is obviously doing something right if Sunrise are winning the ratings most of the time.