Sunrise

Nat is her nickname. Her name is Natalie.

7 Likes

Yeah, let’s call her Mel. :joy:

Why?

1 Like

It was a joke. :thinking:

Has the promo farewelling Kochie and welcoming Shirvo featuring the whole ‘Sunrise Family’ been doing the rounds? I don’t think there has been any discussion in here.

Does show one thing - Nat and Shirvo were together in that photo shoot debated above ^ :yum:

1 Like

Not according to the AOC:

2 Likes

All this debate about what the v/o is going to be in the opener… and he already has an opener.

16 Likes

When I initially said it, was more tongue in cheek as it’s the least important thing.

I kinda did go a bit overboard though. I agree.

Don’t worry, the scammers have caught on. They’ve got a new face…

7 Likes

111 Hits! There’s a blast from the past.

10 Likes

This crossed my mind too the other day and nobody would probably notice either.

I’m not shocked, but am surprised Doran wasn’t considered more seriously, he’s a good anchor on Sunrise and other shows, not to mention steers a lot of their crime presenting/reporting and special events and him & Monique have excellent chemistry on Weekend Sunrise which is probably a factor for it blowing its competition out of the water since COVID.

Also been on-air more consistently than Shirvington, way back to 2010 when Doren would fill-in for Jacqui Maddock on Ten’s 5pm finance reports and Early News finance presenter, then co-anchored the revamped weekend bulletin with Natarsha Belling from late 2011 and then further bulletins/shows, while still crime reporting. And goes back to Ten Adelaide pre 2009 and Herald Sun some 20 years ago. CV that stacks up.

How do you know he wasn’t seriously considered? How do you know whether he even wants the job?

2 Likes

Matt Doran is definitely just Matt not Matthew. He once talked about how his parents named him that because they thought it was “different”.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed on Fridays when Jodie Speers ends the early news she always just says, “…now here’s Sunrise”, but on the other days of the week she adds “… with Kochie and Nat.” Not sure why…

3 Likes

Probably just copied and paste that part of the script on Friday’s when they didn’t have a regular fill in sorted for the Friday and it’s just rolled on.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Now there could have been a great co-host: a decorated war hero! :wink:

2 Likes

Start with Sunrise with Nat & Shirvo
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtLvrjWLJum/

9 Likes

Well that hopefully puts an end to the v/o chatter at the start of the show from next week lol

9 Likes

Ooh not a bad promo.

2 Likes