Sunrise

But they did do that with Mel…

What about slim-chances? Outsiders?

James Tobin? He has been at Epping>Martin Place like 20 years too, it’s just he still looks 18 years old.

I can already see their publicity still with slogan “wake up to a better brekky with Nat and Jesse!” Maybe a Go Go Stop segment and he can fill-in as weatherman.

3 Likes

I’d love to see it be either Beretts or Larry but sadly probably won’t ve

1 Like

Well this is quite the shock for the start of a new week! Kochie’s finished on some great innings, 21 years, most of it on the top of the ratings mountain.

Going forward, I really want to see Mark Beretta succeed Kochie but if not him then I’d like Matt Doran or Musher. Shirvington has improved but I’m not sure if he’s capable of being the next Kochie and right now Today’s really competitive with them they need to make the right move. Doran and Usher would be it.

For all the talk about Dr. Chris, I echo the sentiment that he would be best on weekend with Monique Wright.

2 Likes

Michael Rowland could be an outsider. His sign off speech the other day was a bit suss.

2 Likes

his tweet said that he will be back on ABC News Breakfast in late June. No way the ABC would let him on Sunrise, even for a temporary period.

Now that would be an interesting poach.

1 Like

He wouldn’t be the first person in the world to go on leave, tell the boss they’ll be back, then resign.

1 Like

21 years in the same job particularly in morning TV is a big effort

6 Likes

To be fair it was 10 years ago, and Michael Pell is no longer in Australia, let alone terrorising Sunrise! I do think Channel 7 will want to stick with a male-female combo.

As some others have said, Michael Usher would be a good choice. Angela Cox can do the weekend bulletins on her own (never understood why the weekends have two newsreaders when the weekdays manage fine with one. Should be the other way round, if anything).

6 Likes

Natarsha Belling?

1 Like

Jim Wilson?

Kochie mentioned Stefanovic that he gave Kochie a classy and respectable message to him

9 Likes

Don’t overthink it.

4 Likes

From Sam Armytage via Instagram

7 Likes

Did Koche seem more animated this morning? A bit of weight lifted to be able to tell the whole team what was happening and a countdown to the last day.

7 Likes

still baffled that Chris Brown is being speculated - he’s not a journalist, Seven probably has poached him for BH&G for all we know!

11 Likes

Neither was kochie when he started…

2 Likes

Kochie started his journalism career for The Australian in the business section

6 Likes

Haven’t they already announced that Shervo has got the Job?