Sunrise

Shame he can’t spell his friend’s name… it’s Sharyn not Sharon.

That’s probably Mr Knox’s typo, not Pell’s

16 Likes

Some odd comments though. Samantha apparently never wanted to be in the “limelight” despite both the show and her capitalising on the clickbait.

Also, regarding the “biggest downside” of his tenure, it’s nice that he finally concedes “ the idea of a fairer representation of those sorts of issues and a bit more care towards how you report them…” is needed. However, he seems to pass the buck by saying “in future”, failing to explain what changes he’s made since to improve representation on Sunrise.

Not really his problem anymore. It hit the targets the network wanted in revenue as well as viewership, they aren’t really going to care about diversity or representation despite all of the PR they are spitting out. It’s all image and not substance.

He did his job.

Interesting that Melissa Doyle is back on the network a week after Pell leaves

3 Likes

@NewsWeary can see the future! :joy: :joy:

11 Likes

I’d love to see Mel fill in for Mon on weekends.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pell had a grudge, he wouldn’t or didn’t act on it professionally.

Completely unrelated. She’s technically working for ITV, and the only reason she’d have to be near Sunrise is to promote TIYL.

Might be an issue with her hosting weekend mornings on Smooth. I realise it’s voicetracked but you can’t have her in two places at once.

6 Likes

Dickie is on Weekend Today and Smooth literally minutes apart.

7 Likes

12/4/2022 James Tobin is presenting weather today.

5 Likes

For a temporary desk, it’s reasonably decent.

10 Likes

I agree… The other networks should really take OB notes from the project after the amazing setup they had for Perth

2 Likes

Pell hasn’t left Seven.

2 Likes

Yeah well he basically has.

1 Like

No he hasn’t. He left Sunrise but is still employed by the Seven Network.

The point is that Pell isn’t in the same building that Mel Doyle will be in soon.

Please note I think it’s a long bow anyway. It’s just a coincidence the timing.

The only reason Doyle will have to set foot in 52 Martin Place (or Eveleigh) is if she’s going there to promote TIYL.

1 Like

Assuming they are still there when it goes to air…

For anyone who thinks that Pell and Mel have issues, don’t forget Mel was on Sunrise as a guest last year, and Pell quoted Mel in a TV Tonight (I think) article the other day. He wouldn’t have done either of those if he didn’t like Mel.

9 Likes