Sunrise

I felt that way the first time I found out he was going to fill-in. Having seen him present a number of times since then, he actually gels in quite well with the rest of the team. Additionally, he was able to handle the ‘lighter’ segments well and show bits of his personality.

But with Sean at the helm, hopefully there will be more news gravitas and less ‘hot topics’ and Royal family crap, that would make Usher an ideal new co-host, leaving Ange Cox to The Latest.

Kochie doesn’t really seem to have his heart in it anymore, which is understandable. He’s been there a long time and he’s getting on in years. They may get 1 more year out of him but then I think he’ll call it.

They certainly seem to be getting Shirvo in alot…my guess is he’ll be groomed to understudy, while Doran continues Weekend Sunrise, sporatic Spotlight assignments and Crime Investigation Australia.

What makes you say that? I’m not seeing any signs of him losing interest.

1 Like

He just seems to be going through the motions alot of the time. Granted, the last few weeks with so much breaking news has been different, but when things are back to normal, just comes off a little nonchalant (in my opinion).

1 Like

Agree however I think that comes with old age and near retirement. My old folks certainly took that approach in the final years mid 60s.

100%, which is what I said in my original post.

How awkward. Just after they covered the story of the plane crash in China, Kochie reminds Nat she’s flying to L.A. for the Oscars. Nat clearly looks unimpressed, then Kochie reminds her she’s flying Qantas.

Inappropriate comment. China eastern has about 800 aircraft, operates in highly congested airspace and clean record. They also employ many expat Aussie pilots.

Perhaps Kochie needs to put his journalist skills to use and perhaps dig deeper into Boeing.

So what’s new?

1 Like

Couple of funny moments in this clip

After being told by their expert that there is no such thing as right brain / left brain people. “all bulldust”

2:39 m Koche: “that’s half the things we talk about here on Sunrise”.

Then Nat says “Don’t tell people that!”

BTW I think I can see a donkey :wink:

1 Like

Kangaroo for me

On Sunrise this morning (some link problems with Anthony Albanese).

5 Likes
3 Likes

Ok……

Wow. What an idiot lol.

4 Likes

Have I missed something? What is the big issue with his comment? He is simply implying Qantas has a great saftey record, which it does. Talk about an overreaction.

1 Like

Haven’t caught Sunrise for a while, however noticed Hot Topics was all 3 at the desk this morning. Was it ever done this way before the pandemic? I thought it was always via split screen?

2 Likes

Sunrise is live at the Oscars

Hollywood’s night of nights is here on Monday, and it all starts on Sunrise .

Kicking off from 5.30am, join Sunrise’s Natalie Barr as she rubs shoulders with the biggest stars live from the red carpet of the 94th Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.

Australia’s #1 brekky show will have exclusive access to the Oscars for this special edition of Sunrise . Joining Nat to bring viewers all the glitz, glamour and celebrity interviews will be Sunrise’s entertainment guru Nelson Aspen and 7NEWS US Bureau Chief Ashlee Mullany.

Natalie Barr said: “I’ve covered floods, fires, elections and terror attacks, so to frock up and head to the biggest red carpet of them all is going to be different, exciting and a whole lot of fun! I can’t wait to bring Sunrise viewers all the action of the Academy Awards up close from 5.30am on Monday morning.”

Channel 7 and 7plus is the exclusive home of the Oscars in Australia, with the 94th Annual Academy Awards ceremony to air live from 11am Monday, co-hosted by Amy Schumer, Wanda Sykes and Regina Hall.

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1506760216419139587?s=20&t=0ShbUJVVQxgV3F5CNIgCmA

5 Likes

It’s rare both guests are in Sydney. Weekend Sunrise does in studio panels alot but Hot Topics almost always has 1 person in another city.

1 Like

Also not entirely true that the “only” cause could be crew suicide. With so much of the plane discintigrated, it’s impossible to know if anything came loose, came off or became faulty, causing the crash. It’s also possible the crew were incapicitated somehow.

So any theories about an intentional downing, while plausible, are way too early. At least a blackbox has now been found which should shed some light.

Anyone who is a fan of Air Crash Investigations knows this!

5 Likes