Sunrise

Saw someone above mention Dr Chris :eyes: The timing certainly intriguing!

I can vaguely remember him presenting Beyond 2000 or Backyard Science or something, was it on Saturdays (when Seven lost the AFL to Ten-Nine-Foxtel) around 2004 or 2005?

A nice word from former colleague, Ricardo Gonçalves.

5 Likes

Kochie mentioned he was ready to go late last year, but was eventually convinced to stay another 6 months. Which lines up with Browns contract with ten expiring. Seems like a hint to me.

2 Likes

Larry could get a promotion? Dr Brown for Mornings

2 Likes

I was initially thinking of Sonia Kruger? She did host Today Extra on Nine for 8 years, and that’s got a similar vibe to Sunrise. But then again, I don’t know how she’ll be for 3.5 hours a day for 5 days a week…

Shirvo, Matt Doran, Michael Usher are some serious contenders. Some have suggested Dr Chris Brown, but i think he’s not ready for the weekday version yet (Weekends though? Perhaps).

2 Likes

I will not watch Sunrise if he is the replacement host. I certainly hope not.

Why would they pick DCB. First of all, he’s a veterinarian. He’s a TV Host not a journalist.

I don’t find her very likeable, and I feel like I’m not the only one who thinks that. Don’t think she’d be a good choice.

Is that a requirement? Is Matt Shirvington a journalist?

4 Likes

I don’t mind her in small dosages (aka DWTS). For a “morning type show” where there’s advertorials and less chatter and the show runs for a shorter period, she’s fine.

For Sunrise, i dunno. I’m just throwing her name in the ring. lol. But agree that ive noticed negativity towards Sonia Kruger.

1 Like

Actually, it is a valid point… have these shows evolved past needing journalists to host them? Maybe 1 journalist would be sufficient. We’ve seen in the US sports broadcasters getting co-hosting gigs on morning shows (though as a third).

2 Likes

Technically Shirvington is a journalist. He’s a sport journalist after all

1 Like

So then who goes across to the Morning Show and then hosts The Chase?

Too much movement and change across the network if he gets the gig.

3 Likes

I’m not 100% confident if DCB will be the next host sitting alongside to Nat

3 Likes

Is he? Isn’t he just a presenter?

But I mean like qualified and experienced journalists who can cover breaking news and politics. I’v seen Shirvo interview politicians and he’s clearly just reading the list of questions and not engaging with the answers.

5 Likes

What makes someone a journalist or not?

That was announced some time ago, he’s just neen on paternity leave.

2 Likes

I know the role is pretty much guaranteed to go to Shirvo given how often he’s filled in recently, but I don’t think he’s the right choice. Not sure Nat and Shirvo would ever have the same dynamic Kochie and Mel or Kochie and Sam did.

The best in-house option in my opinion is Matt Doran (and Weekend Sunrise can have two female hosts, Monique and Sally, and no newsreader).

3 Likes