Sunrise

Yeah - don’t think presenters have the time or means to be doing that while they’re on air. They rely on others to do their job correctly and do that.

3 Likes

Wasn’t to do with ratings. They won. Maybe someone left to replace Brooke on Today?

1 Like

Edwina?

1 Like

If they have lost someone to Today I’m sure we’ll know soon enough. No way 7 will let them stay on air.

2 Likes

Perhaps the table was misread and they looked at the number for Sunrise Extended?

3 Likes

Huh? The ratings said otherwise.

1 Like

They didn’t say it had to do with ratings. I think they’ve lost someone who they thought could take over one day.

1 Like

Matt Doran perhaps? His wife Kendall is EP of Today.

5 Likes

Ohhh good one!

Maybe he was lured with the promise of replacing Karl when the time comes?

1 Like

How about Natarsha Belling? She’d be a great get too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call loosing her a humiliating loss though. She’s not exactly a pivotal part of Sunrise.

3 Likes

That’s true. Matt Doran is definitely a great guess though.

1 Like

The only issue would be that there’d be too much testosterone on the Today panel.

They’d have to counter balance that by getting a separate entertainment reporter that’s female.

1 Like

Unless they’ve picked him up for Weekend Today (and features/reports during the week like his current role on Sunrise).

1 Like

Gee don’t jump the gun. It’d be ratings related- maybe 5CM, Adelaide?

1 Like

5 city metro Today had good win against Sunrise yesterday, I wouldn’t say it’s a humiliating loss though.

2 Likes

They’ve been close in Adelaide lately; perhaps Today beat Sunrise in Adelaide for the first time in potentially years?!

5-city result:

4 Likes

Could be that it ranked 3rd in Melbourne and Brisbane (as above). Yikes.

2 Likes

Natasha is a freelance, so I wouldn’t think she would be such a big loss. Especially when all she does is read the news on Weekend Sunrise every now and then.

2 Likes