Sunrise

5 Likes

Different strategy. 9 drop both regular hosts and move Today Extra hosts to Today. So different hosts for both shows. 7 are trying to keep at least one regular at Sunrise and have a Weekend Sunrise host fill in.

Don’t you think viewers would prefer to see at least one regular in each show at all times?

9 Likes

It would have made more sense for Nat to stay in the studio with Katie or Monique going to the Virgin cruise ship which was clearly an ad.

2 Likes

I agree but sometimes a certain host is requested for an interview by the guest. Or it might be something the host really wants to do, so you need to keep your workers happy.

6 Likes

I mean during the Christmas breaks.

Ratings article:

5 Likes

Whenever it is, I think the Sunrise strategy works better. Viewers don’t like change. They would prefer to see as many regulars as possible, whever possible.

It’s better having either one of the hosts at most times, rather than both hosts missing for an extended period.

9 Likes

Damn, over the years Sunrise has more exclusive than the Today Show. Year after year Celebrities pop up in Brekky Central.

Because 9 doesn’t have the seamless family that Sunrise/Weekend Sunrise does. It’s that simple.

3 Likes

It truly is a mystery why the number one show gets more ‘celebrities’ than the number two show.

5 Likes

That means nothing.

The Project somehow gets so many high profile celebrities with its diabolical ratings.

It doesn’t have a similiar show in the same timeslot.

1 Like

Was about to say exactly the same thing.
Hint to 7: there is room for a similar show!

I’m sure The Drum is up for some celebness :joy:

If you think it means nothing you’re wrong.
If the Australian distributor for a movie etc has 1 interview slot allocated to them, which are they most likely to pick. Alternatively, it works well in a bid from a Sunrise producer to promote their audience size.

3 Likes

Shirvo hosting Hot Topics today:

Nat disappeared kind of abruptly after the day of her interview with Richard Branson earlier in the week. I presume she has been sick (or other leave) since. She didn’t mention going on holidays that I recall?

4 Likes

Final concert of the series this morning with Jessie Ware, introduced from the studio.

5 Likes

“The Sunrise host asked tough questions.”

:rofl: FO. He literally just regurgitated what one said by posing it as a question to the other and then just nodded along like a bobblehead . As I raised earlier in the year (and they did correct the last time Nat was away), leave these interviews for Mon.

2 Likes

6 Likes

With the old logo on the endboard, four months later

5 Likes