Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Maybe we can swap Larry and Kylie from the Morning Show with Sam and someone else?

1 Like

I would keep Larry where he is.

I would do the following:
Sunrise with Kochie and Nat,
The Morning Show with Sam and Larry,
Seven News Sydney with Melissa Doyle, sport with Kylie Gillies (she is always a highlight at the Olympics),
Seven Late News with Mark Ferguson (very late, he can put Australia to sleep).

Mark could also present Sunday Night instead of a Friday night late bulletin.

The other Mel can go back to sport reporting.

Miss Mel and Kochie together! RIP Sunrise 2002-2013.

6 Likes

Sunrise is extended tomorrow until 10am.

1 Like

Look at the calibration of those screens in the backgroundā€¦ enough said.

All that money that was spent, yet the screens look crappy. Itā€™s a shame.

3 Likes

Anyone know what the Fantastic Five referred to in the promo for tomorrow, is?

Maybe they shouldā€™ve put her with Matt White for the so-called ā€˜expanded national roleā€™.

3 Likes

They need to begin grooming someone to replace kochie. I do not see Andrew as the option and I do not see larry as the option. It really will be an interesting call.
For me, I would be looking at someone such as 7 News Sydney reporter Lee Jeloscek, he knows politics (state political reporter) which is a must for early morning TV, he has journalistic credibility and I really can see him hosting breakfast TV. If I were 7, Iā€™ld be grooming him. But Iā€™m doubtful that will happen.

Larry Emdur hosting with Sam this morning.Nat is on holidays so Eddy is presenting News this week .

2 Likes

Larryā€™s first time co-hosting since the February relaunch.

How long have sunrise been going till 10am?

1 Like

They always do on a Public Holiday.

2 Likes

Just on special occasions such as public holidays for the last 5 years or so. As for Today, they only started doing it this year.

2 Likes

I personally couldnā€™t think of a worse presenter/reporter for breakfast TV. And besides, people outside of Sydney/NSW would be likeā€¦Lee who?

1 Like

Andrew O"Keefe would be a good permanent fit but I doubt he could do The Chase and Sunrise full time.

It wouldnā€™t surprise me though if they just put Edwina or Nat in the hosting chair full time should Kochie leave though.

And then just use Andrew as the fill in for either presenter.

Female double header? Unlikely!!

Musher?

2 Likes

Why!!

AOK has said he doesnā€™t permanently want the weekday gig.

Just guests across the week, IIRC.

They do, but I think Sam A will finish up in the next few years potentially before Kochie and Nat.

1 Like

Well firstly, thatā€™s your opinion and secondly Sam Armytage started as a reporter for 7 Sydney so that point is invalid.
Lee Jeloscek has a sense of humour which is fundamental for breakfast TV, as well as a strong political knowledge which is important for breakfast TV for pressing interviews with politicians. He has also covered someone of the biggest news events including the Olympics which adds to his journalistic credibility.
But each to their own I guessā€¦

great to see you posting here Lee. Welcome to MS!

6 Likes

Heā€™s big in Adelaide, thatā€™s where he started and made a name for himself.

1 Like