Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I[quote=“inthewild, post:1057, topic:69”]
People could just be getting more used to Sunrise’s new look (I know I have), hangover of the 60 Mins saga for the 9 News department which includes Today, people gave Today a solid sample but are turning back.
[/quote]
I think it’s both. Sunrise made significant changes which made it feel so different, people tested out the opposition. I think they’re not convinced they like the alternative and now they’ve switched back they’ve noticed the look and feel of Sunrise is back closer to what it was before.
I think we’ll see a tussle for a while but I think long term Sunrise will come out on top. If people genuinely liked Lisa and Karl that much more, they would’ve switched years ago.

1 Like

Sally Bowrey is back from two weeks holiday this weekend.

Also as of Sunday 24.04.16, Sunrise has made modifications to their set with the white box with the lights ( behind Sam and Kochie) has been alternated to match the lining behind Eddy. I will post an image soon.

2 Likes

Yet another win to WS yesterday. They’re really on a roll now…

2 Likes

I read rumours online a while ago, that Sunrise was thinking about getting rid of the ‘correspondents’ and just using general journalists to coincide with the “Seven News” updates with Nat Barr?

Obviously never eventuated.

[quote=“nationalnews, post:1062, topic:69”]
Also as of Sunday 24.04.16, Sunrise has made modifications to their set with the white box with the lights ( behind Sam and Kochie) has been alternated to match the lining behind Eddy. I will post an image soon.
[/quote] Here…

2 Likes

Is it just me or does it looks like they changed the screen with a bigger one?

1 Like

It appears to be the same screen… just removed the white frame.
Looks better, but not a fan of the black in the gaps.

Probably not that greatest time to bring Monique back…

2 Likes

I’ve noticed WS play around with the colours more, under the desk and behind. They tend to use more colour than weekdays.

Yep, the use the set pieces better too. I still feel like that Sunrise below the desk needs to be silver or something. It looks unfinished in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see if the white “window frame” around that screen is gone tomorrow.

1 Like

Finally. It was hideous from the start.

1 Like

[quote=“Leostar, post:1070, topic:69”]
Will be interesting to see if the white “window frame” around that screen is gone tomorrow.
[/quote] On Tuesday due the Anzac Day OB.

Sunrise having a few issues at the moment with live crosses.

2 Likes

Was just going to say the same - have watched 10 mins so far (of a recording) and its tech issue city.

Is it correct that Sunrise is live in Rio tomorrow? Was that the announcement?

[quote=“spw68, post:1075, topic:69, full:true”]
Is it correct that Sunrise is live in Rio tomorrow? Was that the announcement?
[/quote]I believe they are making a ‘major’ announcement about Olympic Sunrise… or something like that tomorrow.

EDIT: A promo just aired and said “all will be revealed”. Not sure what’s to be revealed except that they will be broadcasting from Rio all though the Olympics.

1 Like

Win to Sunrise yesterday. Hasn’t Today been winning the beginning of the week lately?

Sunrise is also going to Fiji for Mothers Day and taking viewers? They advertised the travel deal as 4-8 May but haven’t given any details about broadcasting from there.

[quote=“Leostar, post:1070, topic:69”]
[/quote] Yes it was/is however yesterday instead of the colour orange they used white, which looked awful before switching back to the orange today (Wednesday).[quote=“GeroTV, post:1066, topic:69, full:true”]
Is it just me or does it looks like they changed the screen with a bigger one?
[/quote] I think it is a different plasma screen, seems duller and slightly bigger. Not sure though.

I don’t think it’s a bigger one, it’s just that frame it gave the perspective it was smaller, now it’s just the screen at the same level as the rest of the set it appears to be bigger.