Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Sam is back from holidays on Monday.

1 Like

Annette Sharp attacking Sam Armytage (yet again) but this time The Daily Telegraph takes the story off its website after Seven makes a statement which proves story is a lie.

What a nasty piece of work she is. Would be nice if someone gave her a taste of her own medicine, but that would be stopping as low as her.
I don’t really know the woman’s work, but a quick look at her Twitter account shows just how low she goes…

1 Like

Almost every article she writes is about Sam. It is beyond pathetic now.

4 Likes

I’m hardly Sam Armytage’s biggest fan (personally I think she’s better at straight newsreading than breakfast TV myself), but those articles from Annette Sharp…it’s a wonder that there hasn’t been any defamation lawsuits over those yet!

4 Likes

Unfortunately she knows that no one will bite back. That’s due to the fact that no one will reduce themselves to that level. But you can’t blame it all on her… The editor lets it get through. Vile. No matter your grievances, Most people would never agree with what she writes.

4 Likes

Armytage has actually bitten back on several occasions, including a segment on Sunrise. She’s best not to respond as that just leads to Sharp going on a social media rampage.

Sharp wrote a disgraceful piece on Jescinta Campbell last year questioning her decision to marry Franklin, due to his battle with depression. Campbell took her to task on Twitter. Kerriann-Anne Kennerley also slammed Sharp after she wrote a piece on women such as Kerri-anne, Sandra Sully , Helen Kapalos etc sacrificing having children for the sake of their careers. She has no boundaries. Stunned she hasn’t been sued by now.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t see the ‘proof’. Did Seven release Sam’s leave request from last year for this period or something? All I see is a denial. Means nothing either way.

That’s an absolute disgrace. There’s no place for that kind of treatment of people in our society.

Where’s Sharp’s proof that it’s a fact? Why did The Daily Telegraph remove the story if they did have proof?

1 Like

Wish they could somehow show a wide shot of the studio so I can get a feel for where all the parts of the sets are positioned. Just when I think I have it sorted in my head they show a slightly different angle that throws it all out again…lol

[quote=“spw68, post:967, topic:69, full:true”]
Wish they could somehow show a wide shot of the studio so I can get a feel for where all the parts of the sets are positioned. Just when I think I have it sorted in my head they show a slightly different angle that throws it all out again…lol
[/quote] It is not as complicated as you think. Here is what I understand.

If you stand in the centre of Studio 52 facing the plaza:

• To the left of you is the desk area with NW about where Beretts/Eddy sit.
  • Right in front of you is the soft set where TMS is also broadcasted from. The small plasmas and the big screen (invisible video wall) move from here to the performance area etc.
  • NE is the performance area which consists of the old video wall but the one from the soft set if often brought over. Sunday Night and The Daily Edition are presented from here.
  • East is an exit door.
  • And directly 180 degrees south from where you are facing is the Seven news set. Sunrise finance is also presented from here.

Hope that helps :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Just to clarify, the plaza is along the short edge of the studio. If you are facing the plaza then the desk is directly in front of you with the news set to your left, the sofa to your right and the multipurpose area (aka performance area) over your right shoulder.

Probably not easy to visualise if you’re not familiar with the local area. The long edge of the studio faces Elizabeth St.

1 Like

Yes and no. It’s possibly because I haven’t really seen a whole show to get the gist of it all, and I also get the feeling that pieces move slightly from time to time which throws me out. I’ll persist…

[quote=“eddel, post:970, topic:69”]
Probably not easy to visualise if you’re not familiar with the local area
[/quote] Thanks, sorry. Yeah along the performance area is a foot path with a road and I believe a bus stop or something. All I knew was that the plaza wasn’t on the other side of 52 Martin Place, behind Channel 7.

Also, this morning as I have recommended from the start, post 7.30am the majority of the show is presented in front of the glass windows ( where the sport presenter sat on the old set).

Eddy is now on holidays for a couple of weeks.

Good.

That’s different to saying Seven’s statement ‘proves’ its a lie. It doesn’t.

Like most political rumblings in life, there is never proof.

Why would the The Daily Telegraph take the article down, if it wasn’t a lie?