Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:914, topic:69”]
There were a couple of Sundays that had 400,000 but most Sundays were 300,000 to 350,000 with Saturdays less than 300,000 on most days.
[/quote] Thanks, I was just sure I read that Weekend Sunrise was so popular than it ever was with the more serious content and discussions and under the management of Boland. I know 2004ish Sunrise was getting numbers of 400,000 regularly - these days rarely seen.

Kinda liking Nat in the chair and Eddie on news.

8 Likes

[quote=“Leostar, post:916, topic:69, full:true”]
Kinda liking Nat in the chair and Eddie on news.
[/quote] Hear Hear. I have always liked Nat hosting, however from previous years viewers seem undecided. When she has been on before, Sunrise have suffered a massive swing against them but then on other occasions, the ratings are stronger under Nat’s leadership. Eddie or Bec Maddern, I would go Bec, but Eddie really is good ( she mentioned the ROS Wall yesterday and it made me laugh. The memories…) . You can’t forget that Eddie has been with Sunrise just as long as Kochie, Nat and Beretts so she really is apart of the family.

Woops, posted this in the wrong thread!

LOL, love Nat’s post on Instagram this morning – “Sam’s off this week so the boys, Eddy and I are tackling the big issues.”

4 Likes

[quote=“nationalnews, post:917, topic:69”]
When [Nat] has co-hosted before, Sunrise have suffered a massive swing against them
[/quote] Here is what I mean.

1 Like

News.com.au is reporting that Rebecca Maddern is moving to the Footy Show on channel 9 starting next Thursday.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/seven-news-reporter-and-geelong-number-one-fan-rebecca-maddern-to-replace-garry-lyon-on-the-footy-show/news-story/16b582aa9c2e235788cf83eac67d149e

:cry:

3 Likes

[quote=“cjb_20593, post:920, topic:69”]
Rebecca Maddern is moving to …channel 9 …
[/quote] MASSIVE loss for Seven and especially Sunrise but it explains why Bec has been MIA for so long. Looks like we will be seeing more of Eddie.

6 Likes

@nationalnews l think that was the plan for Eddy anyway with her new role this year, to be the permanent fill-in for Nat.Sadly Bec was no longer needed to be a Fill-in on Sunrise.

1 Like

Certainly seems like an odd move for a respected journalist.

5 Likes

Wow! Wow!

3 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

@Leostar l’m just hoping Nine have more opportunities for Bec,we don’t know as yet if she is doing anything else apart from 'The Footy Show '.

I was always hoping that one day she would have a permanent on air role on Sunrise.

3 Likes

I actually saw her as Jen Keytes future replacement on 7News Melbourne to be honest.
I wonder if the situation of losing the afternoon news for her was a major kick and the Sunrise gig was purely to fulfill the contract? I couldn’t have seen her doing that forever anyway.
It’s a shame. Seven have really lost a true talent here.

10 Likes

Seven have treated Rebecca like shit for years. She should’ve had a permeant presenting role at the network by now. They couldnt even offer her the weekend sunrise gig back in 2013/14, after she was taken off the afternoon news once again. I wish her well at Nine.

7 Likes

[quote=“BJT2, post:395, topic:149”]
Seven have treated Rebecca like shit for years…2014 Should have been offered the Weekend Sunrise role ( instead opted for Monique)
[/quote] There is something you missed.
2014- Given the Sunrise news role with Nat co-hosting ( opted for Sam)

There is always the option that Bec didn’t want to move to Sydney. Yet all of those Melbourne jobs, she deserved. Why she didn’t get the Local Afternoon News is because, I think and I do agree, that it would e a downgrade for Bec. Not too popular ratings wise, I believe. If it was national, a different story.

I was referring to the relaunched afternoon news when it was a double header with Mat White.
In regards to the local arvo news, she defiantly was over qualified for that .

1 Like

Quite a shock indeed. As a Sydneysider really only saw her regularly via Sunrise but she has been excellent. It does feel odd as I associate her so much with 7 but good for her. I also got the feeling if she was in Sydney she would have had so many opportunities but she is going to a VERY Melbourne show. I suspect she wouldn’t hesitate returning to Seven in the future and they would be silly to not try and lure her back but it will need to be a bloody good offer.

Gee, when it starts going downhill everything starts going downhill doesn’t it. Anyway.

5 Likes

Not necessarily. Sometimes a change creates other opportunities. I recall Georgie Gardner going to 9, and I thought it was a big loss, especially for Sunrise, then look what happened. It totally opened things up. I realise this is a different type of scenario, but it may mean someone else comes to be noticed.

1 Like

So true.

All this stuffing around with Afternoon News for years and flying to/from Sydney for Weekend Sunrise for many years and in recent years Sunrise…

She probably thought “I don’t have the passion or motivation for another Ch 7 contract”.

‘Sunrise Correspondent’… PFFFTTTT

1 Like