Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

And right there is the answer to Today’s problems.

Larry Edmur and Kylie Gillies.

3 Likes

Simply a splendid duo with fantastic chemistry. Very pleasant to watch and it’s not hard to see why they dominated mornings for 13 years against very established rivals (Kerri-Anne at the time).

7 Likes

Their original 2007 set launch I liked until they modified it by introducing the bookshelf set when they moved into the performance area

2 Likes

Must say I prefer the bookshelf set to the blue ‘fishbowl’ set, which I think looks awful. I think the set looks more ‘homely’ and inviting than the other set.

But as I’ve said before, my favourite is and will always be, the 2010-15 set.

IIRC, The Morning Show would never had aired that day because of children’s programs commitments prior to the Sydney/Brisbane International/Aus. Open starting at 11am.

So weird looking back and seeing Larry and Kylie hosting (which I never knew happened). I know Kochie and Mel did host Weekend Sunrise on the weekend of the Queensland Floods in 2011, but I don’t think this has happened on any other occasion, particularly since WS launched in 2005.

2 Likes

On Wednesday, Sunrise dropped 30k from Tuesday, Today was steady and News Breakfast was up 10k.
Sunrise beat News Breakfast by 60,000 and Today by 70,000.

2 Likes

Today was Angie Asimus’s last morning filling in on Sunrise with her starting maternity leave next week.
Most likely Monique Wright will be reading news tomorrow morning.

7 Likes

Does anyone know when Eddy returns from her maternity leave?

I would like to think her return would/should coincide with Angie going on her maternity leave.

2 Likes

She should return when she is ready, not because someone else is going on leave. They have capable team members available should they need to fill the gap.

8 Likes

Possibly delayed because of the virus situation?

Her daughter is only 4 months old. If it’s her choice, she could be entitled to take up to 24 months of maternity leave and still keep her position.

7 Likes

I can’t imagine she’d return now with corona happening. Although her husband was made redundant so she may need to return to work.

Plus no doubt Angela Cox is around and can fill in as well.

2 Likes

Friday 17 April-

Angela Cox is reading the rest of the day’s news this morning.

6 Likes

Q2 starts Monday.

4 Likes

Such a great era. Pell and Sam really turned it into the nasty show.

8 Likes

Sunrise beat ABC News Breakfast by 65,000 on Thursday and was ahead of Today by 100,000.

While all programs have rated lower this week, after 4 days, News Breakfast looks certain to rank second for the fourth consecutive week, this time by a larger margin than previously.

5 Likes

I think its evident now that Today is now in a permanent 3rd spot position.

7 Likes

Wish they kept those.

2 Likes

As expected, Sunrise was again the winner for the week with News Breakfast second for the fourth consecutive week. Sunrise was 70,000 ahead of News Breakfast and 85,000 ahead of Today, All programs posted falls from the previous week - Sunrise was down approx 35k, Today 20k and News Breakfast 10k.

4 Likes

On a different topic, every time Gretel Killeen appears on Sunrise blacklash always occurs on social media as people seem as though they can’t stand her.

At first I didn’t quite get it, while everyone is entitled to their opinion on every issue, it just seems as though she wants to force hers on everyone. Do we think that Sunrise will slowly phase her out of Hot Topics and Newsfeed segments?

2 Likes

Hope not, I love Gretel!

4 Likes