Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

https://www.6pr.com.au/show/breakfast-with-steve-mils-and-basil-zempilas/

Looking at this website, he does the show on 6pr every day 5:00-8:30am, Monday-Friday.

How could you then say that you like someone like Nat presenting the news when sheā€™s also from WA? By your logic shouldnā€™t Sunrise and Today (and News Breakfast for that matter) employ people from the state which they broadcast from? I honestly donā€™t get your hypocrisy.

While Iā€™m still here, a few pics of Sunrise desk in the performance area. I reckon Seven could implement a weather area using this area so that they can show off that set a bit more (excuse the quality of the pics).

11 Likes

Basil does present 7 sport Mon - Thurs
Does hes breakfast on 6pr Mon - Friday
And weekend sunrise
Has 3 kids under 7
He leads one very busy life

4 Likes

Simon Reeve also came from Perth
Anne Sanders spent time in her early days of her tv career in WA

1 Like

Well it would be becoming like a Perth Sunrise with both Basil and Nat there from WA so now youā€™re the ones being hypocritical. I really donā€™t like the idea of that at all imagining Perth being able to have goodness knows what promotions that they are virtually taking over Sunrise when it is being presented in Sydney. Besides, it should really be a Sydney Sunrise more than anything else because last time I checked, that is where the show is presented from. I would just prefer it if they actually took someone else even from someplace else like Adelaide, Melbourne or Brisbane; the WA influence is already there with Nat as you say. Besides, it is different with Nat because she has been with Sunrise for so long that she has become a part of the family to the point where I would recognise her more for Sunrise than anything she did in her early days in WA. Basil has been in Perth far too long that I will never be able to accustom to him being a supposed part of the Sunrise family if that is what Seven are trying to do with him. To me, he will always be a sports presenter/commentator; I will never accustom to him as a main host of such an important national show as Sunrise Iā€™m sorry.

Iā€™m sorry I just read this.

18 Likes

So everyone from Perth and WA should be banned from applying for jobs in the east and those already there should go back to where they come from.

8 Likes

Itā€™s just another typical day on the forum.:rofl:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s already a commercial TV breakfast show which is largely Sydney-centric (which may explain the local ratings but thatā€™s another story) apart from a few presenters with interstate links: Itā€™s called Today on Nine! :wink:

In other words: Come to the Dark Side, Mitchell. :joy:

1 Like

@Mitchell_Nock beware of @JBar lā€™ve seen his dark side. :wink:

Lucky, I was talking about Nine here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My dark side is not as bad. :wink:

No, stop trying to turn this into something it isnā€™t. Of course they can, I just donā€™t like the idea of a show being presented in Sydney becoming too Perth-centric, it should be a national show, not a Sydney show or a Perth show to really emphasise what I mean. Or it should be a Sydney show before anything else because it is presented from there, just like how a show presented from Perth should be a Perth show, doesnā€™t that make logical sense? It just seems stupid that this could be happening but luckily it is just speculation at this stage nothing has been confirmed.

Plus I am just a little bit upset that if this is true, I only have a little less than a year left to somehow get to Sydney to see Kochie and Sam presenting through the window and to meet Kochie on Sunrise before he disappears. I was hoping he would have a few more years left in him still.

Oh you know I could never do that. That other mob are so diabolical that I would rather watch Basil over them any day of the week and thatā€™s saying something!!

Believe me, Iā€™m being careful!!

I believe you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I too am baffled as to how on earth a sports presenter could be considered up to presenting the very important Cash Cow segments.

People change jobs, industries and move cities. Maybe one day you might even do so yourself!

6 Likes

And is this actually confirmed or just another lot of speculation in the newspaperā€¦ In all honesty, its probably better if he just moves on to Sunrise. Having a workload like he has now is not healthy and certainly will take its toll on his family.

Might also add in, he is respected by his colleagues which is why he is a good addition and can have a joke while also maintaining seriousness.

Well his radio show, if I may point out is heavily news based soā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve just visited this threat what a mistake. Let me just grab a aspirin.

2 Likes

I thought some sleeping pills wouldā€™ve done the trick :wink:

2 Likes

Why. The. Fuck. Does. Their. Home. City. Matter. At. All.

This thread gave me brain damage

19 Likes

Possibly! Even more so i would of returned to Sunrise - 50 unread posts!

Things happen mate. People move on to different things.

Your logic is baffling. Their home state has nothing to do with their experience and presentation. You bought this whole thing up when you said you wanted Sunrise to be sydney centric. It should always use different people around Australia. Itā€™s call job fairness and equal opportunity, youā€™re basically discriminating someone based on their location. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: You have a lot to learn.

5 Likes