Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Kochie carried the Queen’s Baton for part of its journey through Sydney today leading up to the Commonwealth Games in April.

3 Likes

Much prefer either Matt or Michael as host.

3 Likes

Sunrise won nationally last week by 27,000. Today won in Sydney and Brisbane. Both shows were up slightly from last week but still well down on the same time last year.

4 Likes

Or better still head to the South Island.

Eddy has gone from the Grammy’s in New York to PyeongChang to cover the Winter Olympics.

5 Likes

Eddy Everywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

No, I actually like that he’s covering the North Island. I think the South Island gets enough attention as it is what with all the alpine areas and Queenstown there. I think the North Island needs more exposure personally.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but last week Nat was making fun of Kochie using his iPad.

Kochie made a few comments and one was, “They want me to resign”. It was obviously taken as a joke, but knowing how outspoken Kochie is…I wonder if there was any truth to what he said on-air.

7 Likes

I definitely took it seriously. Time will tell. Basil was presenting this weekend despite Michael Usher being available. Interesting.

1 Like

Honestly, wouldn’t put it past Michael Pell.

4 Likes

I could imagine David Koch moving away from Sunrise and into more of a Ross Greenwood-type role in the not overly distant future.

Personally I think Mark Beretta deserves to succeed Kochie above absolutely anyone else, although it wouldn’t overly surprise me if Seven goes for someone younger.

8 Likes

Very interesting, but Koch could just be saying that to get the Daily Mail fired up as he has made jokes like that before such as fueds between him and Sam.
I think he said something like “don’t let the Dail Mail find out, that means there is a fued between us” or something along those lines

3 Likes

Reminds me of this

5 Likes

For those curious https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/38778009/the-hilarious-moment-nat-imitated-kochie-using-his-ipad/

3 Likes

Extended edition today until 10am.
Ryan Phelan presenting sport this morning.

This month is Nelson Aspen’s 15th anniversary with Sunrise.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed that they now have a new split screen when they cross to a reporter. The left side is a satellite image and it zooms in to where they are and the right side is vision of the reporter. It doesn’t actually look to bad

3 Likes

NBC Today this.

I saw Sunrise do this last week, but only for an international cross? Were they also doing it for local areas?

3 Likes

They did it last week for the Beaumont investigation in North Plympton, Adelaide:

9 Likes
5 Likes

Ryan Phelan presenting sport this week, Beretts will be working on Winter Olympics coverage.

Eddy this morning

6 Likes