Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Peter Ford has dismissed the claims that Tim will co-host Weekend Sunrise.

5 Likes

I also doubt it would be him. They’ve been trying out a lot of other hosts recently for a reason. They knew this was coming and have prepared for it.

3 Likes

I hope it’s either Basil (1st preference) or Matt Doran.

1 Like

I also have trouble seeing Tim replacing AOK/Kochie.

I think a reporting or Sunrise Perth News role would be more likely and/or some newsreading alongside Angela on weekends.

1 Like

One minute you’re complaining about a lack of experience, the next minute you want someone completely new.
You can’t have both.

3 Likes

Could he replace Matt Tinney?

I initially thought that, but then comments said “Perth’s Loss” so that made me wonder if he would take the Sunrise gig.

1 Like

Maybe he’ll return to Melbourne and replace Nathan Templeton as correspondent?

I rather watch paint dry then watch McMillan

This sort of thing happens in all sorts of industries all the time. It is hardly unique to television and it’s certainly nothing new in television.

1 Like

Your basing that prediction on a Tweet from some random person? Keep that up and you’ll do Peter Ford our of a job.

2 Likes

A prediction on a tweet from some random person which raised speculation the moment Tim liked the post**

Angela Cox is reading news this week with Nat on holidays.
Nelson Aspen is presenting Entertainment this morning .

5 Likes

I know it’s for another topic but wasn’t the late Ian Ross (RIP) also the weekend anchor (or at least one of the anchors) for NNN Sydney IIRC?

Doran’s a shoe in I reckon, at least one or both (Friday / weekend).

Lives in Sydney at present, has done various TV roles over the last 6 years and rated well on th weekend.

4 Likes

IIRC he shared the role with Jim Waley and then later with Kim Watkins. Or something to that affect. However I’m pretty certain that Jim Waley was the main weekend anchor during Hendo’s reign

1 Like

I think Roscoe shared the weekend role when Jim started presenting Nightline. Both anchors worked for 6 days during that time IIRC.

Back on topic, Matt Doran deserves to host WS. He is much more tolerable compared to Tom Steinfort and works very well with the Sunrise team when he filled in this year.

8 Likes

Totally agree with you regarding Matt Doran - he fits the persona. However I think Tom Steinfort is good on weekend today, they just have to stop the musical chairs. Either he is the host of the show, or a segment presenter.

3 Likes

Would be great to see this blast from the past back.

Say, if Kylie Gillies wants a change or focus on Seven Sport or another project, new TMS co-host? She did do 9am for a few years (unsuccessfully) in the late 2000s.

1 Like

Sam is now on holidays

3 Likes