Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I think with Koch on 4 days, a week its the perfect time to work on transitioning to a co-hos given he will never return to 5 days a week. Use the day to trial some possible co-host options

3 Likes

Sunrise transitioning to prepare for life after Kochie when he retires

Thoughts as to why Sunrise has been getting great ratings the past month?

Surely not just Lisa Wilkinson leaving Today?

Approaching Christmas? Daylight saving? Annual trend? Fill-in presenters? People donā€™t like Karl solo and/or Deborah Knight? All of the above + more?

1 Like

Whilst Sunrise was still winning when Lisa was co-hosting, Today has seen the gap between the two widen significantly, after the first initial week of Lisaā€™s resignation. Now Sunrise are ahead daily by 40-60 000.

1 Like

Nathan Templeton presenting sport this weekend.

4 Likes

Same old titlecard being used this weekend, despite the NBC-inspired changes for the 15th year celebrations last week.

Christmas decas are up too:

11 Likes

2017 ratings - Metro Markets
Sunrise 289,000
Today 277,000

2016 (depending on whether Olympics included)
Sunrise 316,000
Today 315,000

A significant drop (around 10%) for both programs.

4 Likes

but 12000 isnt that big of difference i think today will be back on sunrises tail esp from next year

Tuesday (05.12.2017): Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news, in addition to her entertainment duties.

4 Likes

Nat only on Monday this week? Bit odd.

Resting up before Carols in the Domain? It is a long night.

Itā€™s not until next Sunday night though? Bit of a long ā€˜restā€™ if this is what it really is.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

As it turns out, she did only have yesterday off. Maybe you should not get so ahead of yourself next time with your predictions, thinking just because she was gone yesterday that she would be gone for the rest of the week and just say this to start with and wait to see if it is trueā€¦

On another note, did anyone else notice the 90 second long ad breaks they made a thing of at roughly 7:25 and 7:55 this morning, virtually adding a whole other 3 minutes worth of ads combined to the show that werenā€™t previously there? It reminds me of was it last year when in 7 News Sydney they made a thing of a 60 second ad break at the end of the first block of news and Mark would say before the ad something like ā€˜See you in 60 secondsā€™. I donā€™t get the point of this at allā€¦

Short ad breaks keep the viewers tuned in rather than channel surfing. So that ad spot would probably cost more.

1 Like

I can certainly see that. Why donā€™t networks try this tactic more often?

Because then it isnā€™t as valuable as doing it only occasionally. Scarcity increases value.

1 Like

They have and they do. The Project was doing this years ago. They have also been running a short segment of their show in the middle of an ad break.

You should try watching shows on other channels, apart from Seven. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well how about this, Iā€™ll keep an eye on when Seven does it and you keep an eye on when other networks do it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m sorry, but isnā€™t that a bit hypocritical?

2 Likes