Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

That looks heaps better.

2 Likes

Well… apart from the screen behind Kochie and Nat.

Now we just need the team back sitting at the desk together (not that I want them to rush into it, health comes first). Probably a few months away at the least.

1 Like

I don’t think that will happen anytime soon - probably not until social distancing rules are relaxed. The media need to set an example. Practice what you preach.

3 Likes

I noticed Studio 10 has three back on the desk.

Almost the worst campaign launch ever.

Only beaten by Mal Meninga’s short political career

and Salim Mehajer’s announcement that he wanted to be prime minister.

7 Likes

Friday 21 August-

Matt Doran is hosting with Nat and Eddy is reading news.

7 Likes

WS really need to use an end board featuring the team to promote the weekend team a bit more. That way weekday viewers may become more familiar with Matt especially given he is often part of the weekday presenting team.

I’d also love to see a whole team song again… surely it’s time… they’d just have to socially distance, or maybe use individual shots?. remember “Where is the love?” and “Love Generation”? Would be fun again.

1 Like

Matt’s not that great to be honest - I’d prefer Nat & Beretts do Fridays if Sam and Kochie aren’t in.

2 Likes

But then you need to shuffle sport… becomes messy.

Not really - just get Eddy/Newsreader to do both for the day.

I actually like Matt. Good to have a younger face presenting. He’s professional and very likeable.
I like the consistency of using presenters across the weekday and weekend versions and from within the team rather than drawing in presenters from outside the team.

4 Likes

Completely agree.

I reckon it’s because two separate groups of people produce the weekday and weekend editions, so it really depends on who the EP for each of the respective shows prefers over other people.

I’d say out of the weekend team members, Matt is utilised the most, followed by Mon (who I think is usually third in line for fill in newsreader after Eddy and Angie Asimus), followed by James Tobin as he is Sam Mac’s only fill-in, followed by Sally Bowrey, who actually hasn’t had a presenting role on the weekday edition since August 2016 (which in itself was only because the main team were returning back to Australia after the Rio Olympics that day), although she has been appearing on the News Feed once a week and did a special report last week in Shaun White’s absence.

2 Likes

This Friday line up has to be one of the weakest. Not that it probably matters for Sunrise.

1 Like

Even though Matt’s good at what he does, I have to agree, it feels a bit flat when both Kochie and Sam aren’t there.

It’s great when Sam isn’t there. It feels like they’re walking on egg shells when Sam is there.

2 Likes

Agreed!
Matt is the weekend host so having him on weekdays when it’s required isn’t a issue for me anyway.

2 Likes

Really? In what way? I don’t get that at all.

Me too. Though with the heavy news cycle ATM, I get the hesitance. I just don’t watch when Matt’s in.

If only they had a weekend sport presenter… :thinking:

The ratings have been really close all week, so probably not the best week to have both hosts away. Obviously cannot be helped, but not ideal.

Even the members of Sam Mac’s Pub Quiz think they are watching Today.