Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

And where is Nat again ? :joy:

3 Likes

I’m liking Alex on. Was certainly a surprise to see him this morning ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree it is a surprise obviously Beretts regular fill in Ryan Phelan wasn’t available this morning.
With Alex’s prior experience presenting sport no surprise he is doing so well this morning.

4 Likes

Sam said Beretts had been admitted to hospital last night and Alex was last minute. Given his years presenting sport on Sydney news, Alex was great on the sports desk.

2 Likes

Friday (29.09.2017): The team are live from the MCG ahead of the AFL Grand Finale.

Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news again this morning and Ryan Phelan is on sport.

4 Likes

Yesterday afternoon Kochie and Sam were at the Seven stand at the Royal Melbourne Show.

6 Likes

Last night Kochie made a brief appearance at The Front Bar too.

3 Likes

Do we know if the Weekend Sunrise team will be presenting from outside the MCG tomorrow as well? They really should do for grand final morning, I hope I don’t see them couped up back in the studio tomorrow morning when they should be amongst all the grand final excitement.

Also it might be worth mentioning that apparently for next week only in addition to the $10 000 the Cash Cow gives away daily, all the people who win the Cash Cow draw each day next week will be in the running to win a new car, a Hyundai Kona and these five people will be flown for Sydney for the draw. They say it is to celebrate the release of the new car…

2 Likes

On holidays apparently:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZm9LNvFCYA/

3 Likes

They have in the past broadcast from Melbourne on Grand Final Day.

It’s only at the MCG this year as Federation Square is getting works done

2 Likes

I actually liked it better right outside the MCG this morning; it really captured the feeling of the Grand Final fever being right outside the great sporting colosseum rather than slightly away from it all in Federation Square. I didn’t even know if I would like it but I am actually hoping they continue to broadcast from here in the future on Grand Final Eve :grin:

3 Likes

Totally agree it much better outside the MCG,hopefully they broadcast from there in the future instead of Federation Square.

4 Likes

Matt Doran co-hosting with Monique this weekend with Simon presenting sport outside the MCG on Saturday and from outside ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

James Tobin is back from holidays he is also in Melbourne.

9 Likes

Why are there balloons?

4 Likes

They had AFL Grand Final backdrop with balloons in the teams colours,obviously not in that cap.

4 Likes

Eddy presenting News & Entertainment this week, Nat returns from holidays next week.
Ryan Phelan presented sport Monday -Thursday this week.

4 Likes

Another win to Sunrise in week 39 up again Today’s We Love the East Coast week.

3 Likes

Is it official that they’re No.1 now?

2 Likes

See:

and previously posted:

Nine has historically been the only network to makes claims based on weeks won, usually for news, ACA and breakfast TV.

It isn’t really an official measure as OzTAM sticks to “average audience” i.e., how many people are watching, so you need to wait until the end of the year to work out the winner. Theoretically Today’s average audience could improve for the rest of the survey and they could overtake Sunrise. After last week Sunrise leads by 8,000 viewers.

2 Likes

If you include the two weeks of Olympics that included IMO some dodgy coding of Olympic events as Sunrise (see below) - Sunrise had 4,000 more viewers than Today on average. If the Olympics are excluded (which is common practice, and practised by Seven for the London Olympics on Nine) Today had 4,000 more than Sunrise!

Rating of 650,000 for Sunrise was actually Boomers and the USA basketball game.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/thursday-11-august-2016/1695

1 Like