Sunday

But that set first used by Ellen and Ross was definitely in know ways light :joy:

2 Likes

Nine News Sunday AM. It was originally presented by Tara Brown (I think I still have caps saved from the old forum), then she went on maternity leave and was replaced by Michael Usher. It was filmed in the same studio as Sunday, and they bought back the same red and blue desk that Ellen and Ross had presented at. And I swear it’s also the same desk that Today used at one point too

5 Likes

7 Likes

So this is the desk I was referring to, I’m pretty sure it is the same one used on Sunday/Sunday AM News and the only difference I can make out is the lighting board that was stuck on top. And I know I’m going slightly off topic here, but I am also pretty sure that this was the last set used for Today before moving to the first apartment looking set.Steve, Georgie and Sharyn

7 Likes

As seen on Australian Scandal tonight

9 Likes

Bring back Sunday. It is better than Weekend Today (although would keep the normal weekday edition of Today). As noone seems to like Weekend Today on this forum. Lol.

Knowing the type of program Sunday used to be, I can’t see Nine ever reviving it. Probably cheaper to just run through the motions and do a weekday breakfast TV-type program on weekend mornings!

4 Likes

It won’t come back. It was too expensive to produce and came a distance 2nd / 3rd behind Weekend Sunrise and Insiders.

3 Likes

Exactly. And it only went as long as it did because it was Kerry’s baby even though it never paid its way.

5 Likes

The old Box Nine logo which lasted only 2 years.

Jana Wendt’s 2006 sign-off after Eddie boned her for Ellen Fanning and shudder Ross Greenwood

4 Likes

Did he sack her or did she decide to leave due to budget cuts and a restructure of the show?

At the time, Sunday had almost twice the budget as Weekend Sunrise and almost half the audience. Nine was a very expensive operation back then. Unfortunately, a lot of cut backs and over heads had to be made.

when Kerry was alive he was happy for it to be an expensive niche project as it gave him some perceived influence at the high end of the market. As soon as he was gone Nine would have lost interest in maintaining it.

Understandable though… especially when Nine (2006) was losing every news programme across the country - against a resurgent Seven News brand that had (almost) half the budget as Nine News department at that time.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/boned-jana-takes-payout/news-story/f7f201c0996d3faf5e862ba918655941

Ignore the masthead, the Oz of 2006 is quite different to today.

I don’t think the two were mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

true dat

3 Likes

Channel Nine Melbourne
Sunday 18 September 2005

7 Likes

I used to like the movie reviews what was his name?

1 Like

It’s Peter Thompson. Classy graphics for the movie reviews too.

2 Likes

God, that brings back memories.

Wonder what ever happened to him.

1 Like