Sunday Night

Edwina Bartholomew would make a great SN reporter, I wonder if she would be interested in making that leap. Would do great things for her career.

What I have enjoyed most about Sunday Night is that the story’s are about the subjects and it is never about the reporters. I hope they continue to use many reports on an ad-hoc basis. I find the quality to be much better.

I don’t believe the show was intended as having a stable or reporters like 60 minutes does.

1 Like

In case anyone didn’t know, between the end of House Rules and Sunday Night last night, there was a one minute countdown clock to the start of Sunday Night for the LLB interview which was a little over-the-top and unnecessary in my opinion since it wasn’t really that worthy of a countdown but it was a nice touch to try and connect House Rules and Sunday Night together a bit at the end for this specific night that the LLB interview aired. Also, there was no preview package at the start of Sunday Night like there normally was, promoting all the stories showing that night; Mel just opened the show in the studio, said a few words and just got straight into the LLB story/interview which was quite nice. After all, at the end of House Rules, they did promise us we would be seeing the interview in a minute exactly!!

I think Ange might replace Rahni because as someone mentioned in the Sunrise thread earlier, Sally Bowrey is returning to news next weekend and Ange is going away, and who knows, she might return as a SN correspondent, or something even bigger.

In saying that though, I think there’s quite a few female talents at Seven who are capable replacing Rahni Sadler, so we shall wait and see I suppose…

Well this show just got a beating on Media Watch.

Bit embarrassing for the producers anyway. Journalism is officially down the toilet in this country.

1 Like

Sunday 2 July at 8.10pm

OFFICER DOWN
He was a young father, a loving husband and a proud third-generation policeman. But just over a month ago, Senior Constable Brett Forte was ambushed and shot dead by a crazed gunman. He died a hero, shielding his partner from the gunfire. Sunday Night’s Steve Pennells speaks to the killer’s ex-partner for the first time about what triggered the bloody showdown with police, and reveals the shocking twist that has left her crushed with guilt.

EXPOSING FEAR
Overwhelming terror, cold sweats, a racing pulse and dry mouth. To the outsider, a phobia may seem totally irrational. But to those who must endure them every day, they are all too real and utterly debilitating. Millions of Australians suffer from at least one phobia. It could be a fear of spiders, dentists or even something as seemingly harmless as a bird. But now there’s a high-tech treatment, inspired by – of all things – video games. Even Sunday Night’s Matt Doran was willing to try it in a bid to overcome his worst fear.

Aww, media curiously hush-hush regarding our first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup who subsequently tested positive to a banned substance. Narrative not as juicy any more when you’re lumped in with the likes of Shane Warne?

www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/star-jockey-michelle-payne-tests-positive-to-banned-substance-20170628-gx0kh3.html

Made pretty big news in all media in Victoria, maybe since she’s based here. If anything I thought it was over kill. Jockeys are often suspended for minor matters which rarely make headlines. At least, unlike Warne, the prescription was for her and she took full responsibility for her actions, copped the four weeks and will be back riding.

It was the top story in all the radio and tv news bulletins in Sydney too.

The Daily Telegraph claiming Sunday Night is beating 60 Minutes year to date.

In an article, citing industry insiders, etc. that Melissa Doyle has been the successful ingredient.

I agree with the latter, the show seems to have improved a lot, a refresh of the investigative reporters, different stories (Ben Cousins was very good, albeit been done to death before) & Mel is the highlight for me :slight_smile:

But thought SN & 60mins were still quite close in the ratings?

I acknowledge 60mins has been getting massive time-adjustments down though, to poor figures (last week nearly fell out of the Top 50)!

3 Likes

Sunday 16 July at 7.00pm

THE PERFECT MURDER

SUNDAY NIGHT MAJOR INVESTIGATION

Did she, or didn’t she?

It’s one of Australia’s most baffling crimes and controversial court decisions – a woman jailed for the murder of her partner despite there being no body, no murder weapon and no witnesses.

Grandmother Sue Neill-Fraser is either a cold-blooded killer who bashed her partner to death and dumped his body off their yacht, or she is the innocent victim of a terrible miscarriage of justice.

Bob Chappell vanished from their yacht, ‘Four Winds’, anchored in Hobart’s Sandy Bay on Australia Day in 2009.

Blood splatters were found inside the cabin, but to this day Bob’s body has never been found.

Neill-Fraser, who has always maintained her innocence, was sentenced to 23-years’ jail for the crime.

Eight years on, her family and staunch band of supporters maintain she’s not a murderer.

Now, explosive new evidence has come to light that could see this convicted killer walk free; proof there was someone else on that boat.

Sunday Night’s Matt Doran has this major investigation.

1 Like

Looks like Sunday night will stick to 7pm for now… fingers crossed.

1 Like

Until Little Big Shots starts, whenever that will be…

4 Likes

I wonder if seven have paid to interview Bernard TomIc let’s hope not

4 Likes

Melissa Doyle interview with Bernard Tomic this week he will address his bad boy behaviour, seriously l think most viewers will not be interested in what he has to say especially after his recent comments at Wimbledon.

3 Likes

Sunday 23 July at 7.00pm

BREAK POINT
He’s one of our best tennis players, but there’d be few Australians with anything flattering to say about troubled athlete Bernard Tomic right now. Arrogant, boastful, self-absorbed or just plain unlikeable, his petulant and at times immature behaviour has seen him soar up the rankings in the tennis super brat league. And his latest outburst at Wimbledon has everyone wondering if it’s all over for this once-so-promising tennis star. At just 24, Bernard has plenty of time to turn his life and his tennis game around. Does he have the will to do it? Can he find a reason to win? Sunday Night’s Melissa Doyle pulls no punches in this exclusive interview.

UNDERCOVER ANGELS
It’s hard to underestimate the bravery of the two Australian crime fighters you will meet on Sunday Night. Half a world away from their families, they are taking on some of the most ruthless criminals in the world to rescue children from slavery. It’s a highly organised, extremely dangerous undercover operation. If they’re exposed, they face certain death. Reporter Matt Doran was with the team as it all went down.

1 Like

Wonder if Seven fronted up some $$$ to him for the interview.

2 Likes

Sunday 30 July at 7.00pm

Seven’s Sunday Night will next weekend air a landmark documentary celebrating the life and work of Diana, Princess of Wales, in the 20th year since her tragic death.

The 90-minute documentary, Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy, is built around contributions from HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, both of whom talk openly about their mother and pay tribute to the many ways her influence has shaped their lives, and includes photographs of Diana never seen before, taken from an album that Diana had assembled.

Prince William and Prince Harry share some of their earliest memories of their mother, recall the final contact they had with her before her tragic death in August 1997 and discuss their feelings in the aftermath of losing their mother. Prince William explains how he keeps her memory alive for his own children.

The documentary is a celebration of the achievements of Diana’s work and her sons’ determination to continue the campaigns that were closest to her heart.

It also includes individual contributions from the Princess’ family and friends, several of whom have never spoken before. They include Sir Elton John, Rihanna, The Rt. Hon. The Earl Spencer (Diana’s brother), Harry Herbert, Lady Carolyn Warren, William van Straubenzee, Gerard McGrath, Jayne Fincher (Royal Photographer), Anna Harvey (personal stylist), Lord Victor Adebowale and Graham Dillamore, (Gardens Manager, Kensington
Palace).

3 Likes

Melissa Doyle presenting tonight’s show from Miami, Florida for her Bernard Tomic interview

3 Likes

6 Likes