Sunday Night

Next Sunday’s show will feature an exclusive interview with Ed Sheeran, coinciding with today’s announcement he will tour Australia and New Zealand in March next year.

1 Like

Sunday 14 May at 8.30pm

KILLING JOE
There’s no doubt at all. Two decades ago, when Anu Singh was a Canberra law student, she killed her partner, young and handsome engineer Joe Cinque. One of the most bizarre killings in Australian criminal history, Anu planned it all. With the help of friends, she bought the drugs, arranged two bizarre farewell dinners telling guests she and Joe would die together in a tragic suicide pact. But, unbelievably, no-one told Joe. So why was Anu found not guilty of murder? It’s taken Anu 20 years to walk out of the shadows and sit down in front of television cameras to tell her story. In this Sunday Night investigation, Anu will speak directly for the first time to Joe Cinque’s mother and father, Maria and Nino. With the help of the forensic psychiatrist who examined Anu, the detective who led the investigation and never-before-seen videos with Anu, senior reporter Steve Pennells sheds fresh light on this most bizarre of killings.

JUST ED
At first glance you’d never guess he was the hottest thing in pop. A bit shambolic – ripped jeans, scruffy red hair and glasses. More busker than big-time star. But the moment Ed Sheeran picks up a guitar, it’s another story. It’s pure magic – the kind that attracts 70 million online fans. The kind of songs that have everyone singing along. And according to Sunday Night guest reporter Angela Cox, the man himself is pretty special too – simply because he’s so normal.

It’s great to see that Angela Cox will be guest reporting for the program.
Many of us here thought she would be doing some guest reporting this year.

1 Like

@Salty Agree with you. Angela Cox is definitely one of the best reporters/presenters on Seven.

Although can someone bring me up to date, has Matt Doran debuted on the show yet?

2 Likes

@Tom_TV7 Matt Doran hasn’t appeared on the program as yet.

I think Corby is more likely to appear on Seven.

Nine and Seven both have alleged Colombian drug smuggler exclusives. (News Corp has the actual first interview).

[quote]Sainsbury’s fiance Scott Broadbridge, who has struck a separate deal with Channel 7, flew into Bogota today.

http://www.news.com.au/national/accused-cocaine-smuggler-cassie-sainsbury-talks-for-the-first-time-from-her-colombian-jail/news-story/e47107d6430838517c3011ddf760917b[/quote]

:tired_face: Is anybody actually interested in these “exclusives” about Cocaine Cassie?

4 Likes

Probably only the media is interested in getting these “exclusive” stories! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Cassie Sainsbury’s Australian lawyer is seeking an urgent court junction to stop tonight’s episode from going to air. Will her boyfriend’s lawyer do the same thing to prevent Nine from showing the 60 Minutes interview with her relatives in the future?

The case has been dismissed

1 Like

The boyfriend and family should be shutting up and letting the legal process play out.

1 Like

I don’t understand the difference between Sunday Night and 60mins stories. Are they basically carbon copies?

They represent different points of view on the same incident. Sunday Night spoke to Cassie’s boyfriend, while 60 Minutes interviewed Cassie’s mother and sister.

Just copycats as they always are now.

1 Like

Most people probably would say that Sunday Night is a parody of 60 minutes (probably because SN started like 30 years after 60), but I would say that SN and 60mins is basically the weekend/extended editions of their ‘famous’ current affair shows Today Tonight and ACA respectively :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

I suspect most people would know the correct definition of ‘parody’.

4 Likes

There’s a 30 year difference between the two shows.

I generally have to agree with that analysis! :wink:

They may not be - there is something slightly weird going on with this…

1 Like

Agree
It’s like Cassie’s Boyfriend vs Her Family

Expect both programmes to start bang on 830pm tonight. Won’t be seeing The Voice going overtime tonight.

This is a big pissing match between 9 and 7.

2 Likes