Studio 10 (2015-2020)

How dare they. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The more I see this look, the more it grows on me. Only thing I dont like is the light green supa. It just looks too plain and, as mentioned above, sometimes looks squashed.

3 Likes

They just need to type in less words. It should be a headline not an essay. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You good?

1 Like

I am when you get that reaction from me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Damn that spell correction on my mobile phone. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I agree. There is something not quite right with that backdrop in the “promo” for tomorrow with the team though? It looks dull… maybe it’s the plasma is on the way out and it’s contrast/saturation is off after all those years of blue on it for News and Studio 10?
It seems to be the same plasma they are using for the secondary set. If you look at both of those caps posted earlier and compare them, on the infomercial cap it also looks dull.

1 Like

You want it cut down but then you’ll all complain about the show that replaces it in the last hour! It’s great there is live tv going in the morning. You don’t need to watch it all morning.

3 Likes

A news bulletin or a repeat of something from the night before would be better. 3.5hrs is far too long and the panel look over it by 11am.

3 Likes

Today’s cooking segment is a prime example why the show needs to cut an hour, or a least 30 minutes.

As Sarah doesn’t work from 11.35-12pm, today we were left with Denise Scott hosting the cooking segment with 5th panellist John Foreman. It was awkward and cringey to say the least, despite John’s attempts at humour.

The hosts can’t handle the full 3.5 hours so we are left to rotating panellists, some (like Denise today) thrown into the deep end.

2 Likes

Maybe they should just create a half hour cooking show with some new hosts which runs in that last half hour.

Wait she doesn’t work for that time?

Yeah that’s kind of weird. So you’re saying they pre record the end bit?

I would personally drop the first 30 minutes, as that 8.30-9.30am is usually the lowest rating block of the three. In the first few weeks, promote that “Studio 10 is the only morning show that actually starts on time…” or something.

Every panellist is away for some many segments, usually of around 30 minutes, to compensate for the extra hour (at least that is what I think it is for. Maybe @blackbox might have an idea why they would do this ). Denise and KAK usually are on the most, and only miss 1-2 segments, I presume due to them only working half-weeks. But everyday, Ange Bishop usually hosts from 11.30 til 12pm and Sarah is back for the closer at 12.02.

1 Like

I dunno, the Studio 10 cooking segments have never really been very serious. It was an awkward dish to try and cook in the kitchen I think, something different may have made it flow better. I think Denise and John did okay, she’s definitely getting more experience with hosting short segments like with the musical performance today etc.

1 Like

I was surprised that the line producer allowed it to limp along for as long as it did. Despite Denise teasing it, they ran out of time for Showbiz (and Richard Reid deserved more air time than that cooking segment). Similarly, they had this awful (and rude) interviewee regarding the Health Database yesterday and he went on for more than five minutes. I nearly would have ended the interview after the first question.

The level of cooking competence was never in question just Denise’s inability to string questions together. Put it this way, it would have been far more watchable with Sarah. Surely, you can agree with that.

It was a shambles. The guest didn’t exactly help matters as he constantly tried to take over. Denise even reminded him at one stage she was hosting.

1 Like

Do you blame him? He actually was very personable in front of th camera. Denise was obviously having a joke with him, nothing serious.

Personally didn’t find him personable at all.