Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Joe arrived at 10.25am.

1 Like

Prominent horse racing attendee Kerri-Anne Kennerley doing her best to support feminist Alan Jones against the outrageous attack by The Chaser.

I donā€™t really watch the show, but managed to tune in this morning to this segment.

What terrible behaviour by KAK

2 Likes

KAK strikes me as an arch conservative. Ofc she would defend Gloria.

2 Likes

She was a fill in announcer on 2UE when Jones was at the height of his success at that station.

3 Likes

I went to school with Charles. Good bloke. Despite what some formers here might think, I am totally against the ā€œbillboardā€ for several reasons. 1 - its heritage-listed. 2: well actually just one reason - itā€™s the Opera House. They think that this ā€œpromotionā€ will be so wonderful and bring in millions. First of all, itā€™s so ugly nobody overseas will notice. Second, it so degrades the value of the Opera House that it would ultimately lose that lustre and ā€œallureā€ they are hoping to capitalise on.

And about giving out his number: no problem. Thatā€™s what made it effective. And he deserved it. Have you heard the way he conducted that interview?

2 Likes

And all this controversy is likely to tarnish the race now.

1 Like

However, I disagree with Charlesā€™ view that Sydneysiders HATE - with a passion - what ā€œAlan Jones is doing to this city.ā€ (By the way, Charles went way off tangent on that rant, imo). Love him or hate him - and this is not a personal endorsement - but Alan Jonesā€™ ratings are only getting bigger.

1 Like

Lol KAK referring to herself as ā€œworking classā€.
IMO KAK is really struggling to fit into an ensemble. She has always been the centre of attention. Perhaps she needs to spend a few hours watching the likes of Gretel Killeen who fits effortlessly into panels because 1. She does her homework on topics and guests 2. Listens intently to others prior to responding; and 3. Is excellent at formulating an opinion and articulating it.

12 Likes

I thought I was being harsh about her homework or lack there off so makes me feel better for someone else to see the same

2 Likes

Yes, she was on last week and said something to a guest who had to correct her. It was blatantly wrong. Problem with KAK is that she canā€™t be the center of attention, she isnā€™t the host and canā€™t drive the coversation. I donā€™t think she will last long on this show Iā€™m afraid.

2 Likes

Well technically sheā€™s only contracted to the end of the year while Denise is on a ā€œbreakā€.

1 Like

Sheā€™s a nice bit of ā€œstuntā€ casting to get headlines and buzz for the show but I agree I canā€™t see her being there for the long haul

5 Likes

I canā€™t see this show returning next year. Itā€™s done very well for five years, but its time for the network to look at other options.

Exactly what I was going to say, Kerri-Anne is great on her own, but unfortunately sheā€™s carried that trait to this show which is definitely not the right way to do it as itā€™s a panel show. Perhaps they should give her a standalone segment where she can carry on and talk about stuff, but on the main panel, she seems to want to be the boss (a bit like Ita when she was still on).

2 Likes

start afresh with a new morning panel show. call it The Talk :wink:

1 Like

I get why they need infomercials (how ridiculous) but does the research show that anyone actually sits there and watches the dribble they offer up?

Or give her the last hour of the show to do solo. As is, the show drags on far too long.

1 Like