Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Yes it’s a start and it’s good he is hanging around. But he should have been front and centre on the panel from 8:30am along with Mark. It makes a bit more sense having the two of them together I think as well.

Not only would it help promote Pointless, but it would improve the watchability of Studio 10. Surely they could also wander over and check out the set given it’s just across the corridor from the newsroom and likely ready or getting ready as they are shooting again tomorrow?

2 Likes

They’ve been doing radio interviews this morning. It makes more sense to be heard in lots of places than be seen on one show.

1 Like

I just don’t see the point of flying Mark up to Brisbane? Why not do the radio interviews from Ten Sydney before 8am and then do Studio 10 as well?

They could have given the Studio 10 viewers a guided tour of the set as they polished the desks etc.

1 Like

Andrew was doing the interviews at the radio stations in Sydney. I guess he couldn’t have done those if he was preparing to be on the panel at Studio 10.

Maybe they should have had him a co-host last week (or both of them on different days). Might be a good idea for them to do it later in the week or next week.

Of course Tarsh is better, but I think Ange was alright; she just needs a little practice. I prefer her to Georgia Love.

But I do completely agree with you about the studio audience. It has even been worse this year. Surely they could fill the seats with producers and their families if they can only get ten people to turn up…

1 Like

Tomorrow is the last day for “Get your hand on a grand”, They are also saying they will reveal Handy’s identity and that “a few of you will be excited by who it is”. Robbo perhaps?

2 Likes

Friday -
Fiona O’Loughlin filling in for Angela today.

3 Likes

Yes it is Robbo… he spoke about everyone asking where he had gone and thanked everyone on social media for the messages.
Joe said the roving reporter is back on the road…
It’s great to have him back!:grinning:

3 Likes

Did he say that he has been a behind-the-scenes producer?

No that wasn’t mentioned.

Also making a return to the show this morning after a long absence was Susie Elelman who had a segment on fashion tips to suit any budget. Susie was also on Jono’s Flashback Friday segment.
I would love to see her back on the show filling in occasionally.

5 Likes

Glad to see the return of Robbo, Jono, Susie… the show feels more like it did before

1 Like

Jono said a few months ago that Robbo was sick too, so it is great to see that he is better and returning to the show.

Susie is great. Does she live in Sydney? If so she should have replaced Ita, given she not only appeals to the same demographic, but has news cred unlike both Denises.

1 Like

I feel like Denise Drysdale really struggles with a lot of the hot topic conversations and is often helped out by one of the other co-hosts.

I can see her value in some of the lighter stuff and interviews but maybe they should only be having her on for that part of the show.

1 Like

Completely agree. In fact, I feel the same with Denise S.

That is why I always loved the mega-panels because Denise’s lack of opinion was outweighed by mega-minds Ita and Jess Rowe. Now it is obvious.

1 Like

It wasn’t Robbo’s hand all the time though.

I haven’t seen enough shows with Denise S to agree but I haven’t seen her struggle to form a sentence like Denise D sometimes does.

It can’t be an age thing because she was on fire on Have You Been Paying Attention? and was very quick with the smart and funny responses. Maybe the Studio 10 format where she needs to be serious and opinionated, isn’t a perfect fit.

1 Like

Susie does live in Sydney and has said on her twitter she would love to be full time on the show, and just last week she was asked if she was returning to the show anytime soon she said l’d love to and hope so!.
It was nice to see her back today hopefully she will be back again soon.

1 Like

Hand substitution scandal. Was it obvious, with a left hand one day and a right hand the next?