Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Jo Casamento filling in for Jess today.
Jess is in Adelaide for fashion week.

1 Like

8 Likes

Yikes. Very unattractive angle for those audience shots. No need to show the audience.

Agree. Likewise with the walkout towards the desk and all that lighting and gear in shot. Looks a little cheap.

Otherwise looks good for something different ahead of the relaunch on Monday

2 Likes

They should’ve done it on the rooftop! Agree that it does look a little ordinary this morning for an OB.

I disagree. I like it in the courtyard. Its something different (last done on Australia Day) and looks decent. Agree Audience shot looks a bit meh, but thats not terrible.

1 Like

I think there was just one shot of the audience to start the show .

Later:

5 Likes

See, thats nice!

Anyone cap the Monday on Studio 10 promo? Hint at some of the new GFX

1 Like

Old set - what’s left (garage sale on the weekend)

9 Likes

Promo - new colour scheme and modified logo bug

11 Likes

I’m disappointed. To me this doesn’t really feel like an evolution of the graphics, rather a change for the sake of it to coincide with the new location & set come Monday.

The change to the logo bug seems unnecessary and too much, there’s no way it needs to read Studio 10 that many times - I reckon this will change.

I assume the hosts end-tag is animated rather than a still photo? It looks a little budget and poorly implemented IMO.

Will see how it all looks together on Monday I guess.

3 Likes

@TV.Cynic The best screenshot!

12 Likes

Couldn’t resist!

1 Like

They never said it was an evolution. this is a makeover. But i do agree about the studio 10 bug. that looks terrible IMO. But i like the end cap and yes its animated.

3 Likes

Oh god @blackbox that ring around the logo looks terrible.

4 Likes

It might look different on television but there’s too much white. Looks like an overexposed photo.

I do wonder how long the team has been working on this relaunch for.

I get the impression that management has rushed into this very quickly (ie paint still drying on the set, random episode in the courtyard because they were chucked out of the studio with nowhere else to go, some graphics that look like they were changed for the sake of change etc) so if everything isn’t as amazing as we know it could be then it’s probably just because they were forced to make quick decisions and make it work on a tiny budget.

7 Likes

They could easily have used the old set and props and sold it as a new look based on the new setting. Instead it been seen as an opportunity to get a much needed new set. It seems like another example of “the little program that could”.

You do realise what an evolution is, right? Essentially the same as a ‘makeover’ in that it’s just small or gradual changes, I wasn’t expecting anything major but just feel from what we’ve seen so far it’s a little underwhelming.