Studio 10

You believe all propaganda Newscorp feed ypu? You should try making your own mind up.

3 Likes

With the drop-in-drop-out nature of morning telly, it’s a fair point to question if presenters need to be mentioned or not.

On the flip side of that discussion though, if you’re watching all the way through, it could get irritating pretty quickly.

1 Like

It’s not propaganda, it’s fact. Studio 10 is consistently beaten by The Morning Show and Today Extra. They axed half their line up of journalists and experienced television presenters and replaced them with a dancer. Need I say more?

7 Likes

NAIDOC Week

3 Likes

Long suffering is a subjective term, for all we might know 10 are satisfied with it as it stands right now just like how they tolerated Bull on Wednesdays for how many years now. News Corp’s view of Studio 10 is dying but that’s just their view.

5 Likes

In fairness… I think that ‘long suffering’ would be most people’s view regardless of what News Corp said. The ratings are the metric that people use to gauge a show’s popularity and it certainly wasn’t a good look to cut their lineup like they did. People outside the industry (who wouldn’t be aware of the content quotas and advertorial revenue benefits) would absolutely think that Studio 10 is sub par these days.

We obviously know that the show is still financially viable or it wouldn’t be on air - but it is certainly a shell of its former self.

4 Likes

So how does that make it “long suffering”,? The show changed. Today Extra has had many changes in its format and had a variety of hosts presenting it. Does that make the show long suffering because theure still beayen by The Morning Show?

Studio 10 with five hosts (and the extra backups) was not sustainable considering the other shows do the same with two hosts. It had to change. But the team is not just two hosts anyway. Angela Bishop is in the studio or roving most days and they have a newsreader throughout the show. They also have Doody as a roving reporter. So not as slimmed down as you suggest.

The fact is, Newscorp have a longrunning vendetta with Ten over Murdoch’s past ownership of the network and they never miss an opportunity to bag them

1 Like

I’d argue “long suffering” suggests a dog with cancer that needs to be put down. Studio 10 is not that. It’s somewhat entertaining on the odd times I watch when I’m home from work. I find it better tonally than the other two. I like sarah and Angela is a really good entertainment editor. It’s not the worst show on tv and doesn’t take itself seriously.

The Australian’s media section is trash. It’s not objective in anyway. Barely reports news. It’s a mouthpiece for Murdoch to run campaigns against perceived enemies. The comments from readers have one ongoing refrain “woke this woke that” and endless culture wars as the reason that ails this nation.

1 Like

Aren’t all these shows long suffering these days? Ratings are down for The Morning Show and Today Extra to what looks like their lowest ever. Viewers are finally tiring of advertorial morning programs.

1 Like

FTA viewing across the board is on the decline, it’s not just limited to the morning shows. The shift towards a further fragmented viewing culture continues and very few, if any, FTA shows are weathering the change well.

2 Likes

People seem to forget that Larry Emdur on The Morning Show is a game show host and David Campbell on Today Extra is a singer. They are not journalists either.

3 Likes

Larry has a lot more experience in TV & News. Started at SMH then read the news. Whereas David Campbell started singing.

2 Likes

Wednesday 6 July-

Daniel Doody made his return to Studio 10 back on the Newsdesk this morning,he had been away filming The Real Love Boat.

2 Likes

When he reads the news he makes errors every single time. Never does a clean read.

2 Likes

I think his strength is definitely in reporting and roving reports.

In fairness, though Tash Exelby is very experienced she’s similar - seems to make a fair few mistakes during her presenting too.

3 Likes

On thee show this morning

2 Likes

Weren’t they suppose to be in Birdsville today or something?

When did they say that?

Narelda was in central Australia.

2 Likes

They were they crossed to their Qld roving reporter.

1 Like