Studio 10

Yes, usually if a show is thinking of such a change and they can test people out on air you’ll notice them doing it. Get the feeling these changes have been very last minute.

Usually a sofa is better for this style of show but given the layout of the set and the need for social distancing (well, when they feel like it) the desk may be better, especially for the background screen.

Ultimately though a show is usually better off trying to be a better version of itself rather than an inferior version of the competition

I really like Tristan, and his delivery off the autocue is fine, but he really needs to speaker slower and more clearly in the ad-libbed bits, he’s very mumbly at times.

1 Like

I keep thinking about that clip from a few years back which Travis posted yesterday. Wow, such energy, fun, spontaneity, laughter. That was a brilliant era, no wonder it was nominated for a Logie.
This show is so boring now. Tristan seems nice. Sarah is doing her best. But there’s no energy at all.

They should have just canned it and started again in 2021 with a new show. I had two (critical but not mean) comments on the Studio10 Insta page, they have both been deleted. Not a fan of censorship like this - but then again, its their account so I guess they can do what they want.

6 Likes

New weekly segment tomorrow :wink:

Screenshot_20200915-090850~2

7 Likes

That actually sounds fun! Should be good.

1 Like

Ratings for yesterday - were higher than the previous 2 Mondays for the main part of the show.

Studio 10 , 54,000 (41,000 - Extra)
Today Extra 133,000 (89,000) very rare win
The Morning Show 122,000 (83,000).

Sitting at a desk

7 Likes

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: she should focus on trying to make a half decent show.

8 Likes
1 Like

I think it was a bit of an ‘over-apology’.
Were his comments harsh? Yes, but many (in fact, most) viewers agreed with him. Interesting to note that Rob says he won’t comment on Studio 10 anymore.
I guess as a former EP of the show he’s a bit biased, but strange to think that as a media commentator he won’t be expressing his opinions on one of the biggest changes to Aus TV this year.

Given he was bagging out Media Spy posters for being overly critical and rushing to judgement during his podcast last week his comments did strike me as hypocritical. However, he isn’t wrong in his summation of what went to air yesterday. It wasn’t good television but he could’ve expressed his views a little more diplomatically considering his association with people who still work on the show. Must be difficult for him to watch a format he innovated and had success with turn into something so bland and unpalatable.

7 Likes

I don’t even think you can say that

Just people who post comments to social media which we have come to realise make up a small proportion of TV viewers.

Just have to keep an eye on the official numbers.

2 Likes

I agree. I don’t think he would have any more associations left with the way he bags the show. It just comes across as just bitter and not very professional. However the apology was needed. So it was good to see him do that.

3 Likes

Rob’s ‘apology’ is just another tacky publicity stunt.

2 Likes

I’d dare say knowledge of the show and any changes would be so, so low it won’t change.

1 Like

What’s your problem with him apologising on his own forum? It was an open and valid apology. Valid because he can’t comment on the show without bias regardless of whether most people agree with him or not.

I think it’s a perfectly valid article. Give the guy a break.

5 Likes

So is it fair to say that most of us think the presenters are doing okay, but it’s the content that’s the main issue dragging Studio 10 down?

11 Likes

I would say so.

1 Like

Yes!

Ang and Narelda are there all show.

Have them all on the desk (or the couch). Sarah and Tristan in the middle. Ang one end. Narelda the other. And keep the hot topics type of chat going.

Fluff it up by all means, but there’s enough in the talent to keep the convo going.

7 Likes

Sounds like Sarah contacted him

3 Likes