Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Any opinions on Denise’s first week on the show?

Just noticed the new addition of a panel of Studio 10 logo’s to the presenter position today.

That looks ugly. Why do that? Talk about overkill. If the logo appears constantly on screen at the front, why have more behind them on an ugly back background? How many logos do they need?

Sunrise have it on the front of their desk, many etched into the glass behind them and as a solid watermark on screen all the time.

Today have it behind the main presenters, on the screens behind news & weather and also as a watermark on screen all the time also.

Studio 10 have the ones in a line on the back panel also, but this seems to just be for the tight presenter shot as well as on-screen. I think it looks okay.

idea is fine but why such a dark and dreary colour sucking the life out of their bright (and lovely) set?

1 Like

Exactly.

And they don’t have to copy everything Today and Sunrise do.

Adblock

I agree it’s too dark, will be changing it next week.

1 Like

Could you please explain how we copy everything Today and Sunrise do? That’s one hell of an accusation… especially as I sincerely believe we run our own race without copying the others.

5 Likes

I was referring to the comments that said Today and Sunrise have their logo on the desk, background, watermark which were being presented as a reason why Studio 10 now have their logo plastered all over the set and screen.

The point I was trying to make was that Studio 10 don’t have to copy everything Today and Sunrise do. I have seen you say that you want Studio 10 to offer something different. That’s why I said you wouldn’t want to copy the others.

makes sense. I really do strive for us to be different though.

the fact that studio 10 mixes news/discussion with a variety style format differentiates the show. One of its strengths is that is modern but with old school elements like look live advertorials and lively segments + an audience. So different to TMS and Mornings.

6 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting that because Sunrise/Today have their logo in similar positions was the reason behind Studio 10 now have something similar in their set, or they had copied them in any way as it’s hardly an original idea in Australian TV standards.

I was merely giving examples of other breakfast shows which as mentioned have done something similar and why they had done so as to have the shows logos visible in the tight shot of the main presenter.

[quote=“Salty, post:84, topic:97, full:true”]
Any opinions on Denise’s first week on the show?
[/quote] Hilarious to watch as always. However, I much prefer Ita and Denise both on the panel. For the hot topics, it is obvious that Ita does thorough research as well as knowledge to support her reasons which makes Ding Dong’s stumbles on those topics on Wednesday a lot more obvious. Looks like Ita will do a lot of substituting. [quote=“killy06, post:85, topic:97”]
Just noticed the new addition of a panel of Studio 10 logo’s to the presenter position today.
[/quote] The day you capped, I believe it was its first appearance.[quote=“JBar, post:86, topic:97”]
That looks ugly. Why do that? Talk about overkill.
[/quote] For Tarsh’s shot it could be too much, but for Joe’s shot there is a big blank grey strip. @blackbox, glad you are going to lighten it.

1 Like

Joe and Jess return to Studio 10 tomorrow. Will be good to have the team all back together (minus Sarah of course)

2 Likes

@blackbox was that a new news ticker I saw briefly appear at 9.33 this morning? It had info about the WA Fires but was only there for a few seconds…

EDIT: Back on. Looks good Rob and would be a good edition to the show IMO, even if only during Hot Topics…

1 Like

[quote=“Travis, post:99, topic:97”]
new news ticker I saw briefly appear at 9.33 this morning
[/quote]Would you happen to have a cap?

[quote=“nationalnews, post:100, topic:97, full:true”]

Unfortunately, I don’t have capping facilities. But it was a part of the normal supa in white and it had headlines and that “Studio 10 will have more on the fires coming up”.

1 Like

[quote=“Travis, post:101, topic:97”]
Unfortunately, I don’t have capping facilities. But it was a part of the normal supa in white and it had headlines and that “Studio 10 will have more on the fires coming up”.
[/quote] Fair enough, I don’t have the ability to publish videos. I wasn’t sitting down watching Studio 10 but had it on in the background, so I could have missed it, but is it possible the ticker only aired in Western Australia?

[quote=“nationalnews, post:102, topic:97, full:true”]

Possibly yeah

1 Like