Studio 10 (2015-2020)

I thought Studio 10 was rating well with the presenters they had . Why change it?

It’s been rating terribly from what I’ve heard.
In the 40k range.
Back at its height (2017), I believe on some days it would be above 100k and compete with Today Extra

2 Likes

Didn’t The Circle rate better?

Yes

Surprising to hear Joe is leaving. It seemed he was going to go down with this show. Even he has seen the light.

3 Likes

The circle was mostly axed due to the controversy that surrounded presenters.

5 Likes

Well, he’s done a good job trying to bring it down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A farewell package for Tarsh.

Unfortunately the writing was on the wall for Tarsh when Narelda joined Studio10.

Seven would be wise to snap Tarsh up and pair her with Matt Doran on Sunrise Weekend. Fabulous chemistry. If only 10 had tapped into it, Wake Up may have stood a chance.

11 Likes

This 100%

4 Likes

20 Likes

Going by the Tarsh Belling caps, glad they used clips from the short lived Wake Up show with James Mathison, and her as a news reader for the News and Studio 10.

She’ll be missed. As to for Joe, love him or hate him, he has been on Studio 10 from day 1, and 7 years

12 Likes

5 Likes

The whole KAK fanfare is cringe and highlights the reason she never clicked on the panel.

4 Likes

Clear to see on camera there that social distancing doesn’t happen between segments. So why bother on air?

1 Like

Lovely to have Ding Dong say farewell to Joe and Kerri-Anne,and having her speak about her good friend Tarsh was beautiful!

2 Likes

Where has she been of late? Did she choose to walk when the announcements were made?

2 Likes

Seems to be the case. She hasn’t appeared since the announcement. The same as Tim Bailey.

4 Likes

I personally think Tarsh probably didn’t want to hang around for the whole farewell thing on air,it would’ve been way to emotional for her to handle.

8 Likes

I don’t blame her. I just think it’s a shame that Channel 10 handled this whole thing with mass sackings, redundancies and massive changes all at once. Would have been a lot better if they implemented the changes over a few weeks leading to the end of the year.

5 Likes

It’s a little different for them, compared to the others in the other cities, given they would have to work alongside the likes of Beverley and Dagan everyday. If you’re given the option to walk, you cannot blame them for doing so.

For S10 particularly, it’s bad for perception to be farewelling three prominent hosts today. Harder to retain the audience, I think.

4 Likes

Indeed. In the words of Hans: Hit the road KAK and don’t you come back no more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes