Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Do you think management get her to post that? lol

Nah management would have made her include Drysdale to keep up appearances.

Oh I get that. I’m more annoyed at how they handled it. They couldnt have recorded a quick “Studio 10 will be back in a sec” during a commercial to air in Perth over sarah signing off to the rest of the country? And i’m assuming Dr Phil didnt air in the east, so why did it have to air in Perth instead of the missing 11-12 hour, which included a feature interview they had been promoting all morning…

In a live show this isn’t possible. Both the recording and the live segments would have to time out to be exactly the same, otherwise when it comes to presentation you’d have all your markets out of whack - this is the same for sports coverage where they say farewell to viewers from different states when they have their news coverage.

It’s hard enough to time out a show when that kind of thing is planned, let alone do it on the fly during a commercial break where you only have 3:30 to make it work. It just doesn’t work.

Ok i get your point (although sunrise etc have done it before), but if that was the case, then a simple script change would have worked, from “Thats it for this special edition Studio 10 today. See you tomorrow!” to “Thats it for our special coverage of the leadership spill. Perth Viewers, Studio 10 will be back in a sec. Everyone else, See you tomorrow!”

As an average viewer, when a host signs off they switch off. They dont stick around in case the host was wrong and the show comes back.

Thats just my 2c anyway. As a producer, thats what I would have done…

1 Like

Also, the show is in Melbourne from 3-7 September.

5 Likes

You should see the local news inserts in Perth during Sunrise…they are messy!

1 Like

See them quite regularly. They are smoother than the effort mentioned above! At least they dont end the show. In fact, I quite like how Sunrise handle the local inserts. Not perfect, sure, but a decent job.

1 Like

Thursday -

Angela Bishop hosting with James Mathison and Joe.

2 Likes

Early start

4 Likes

Looking forward to the future detailed analysis on Mediaspy of how Sky News on Win handles Studio 10 early starts.

Hugh Riminton is now on the panel for rolling coverage with Lachlan Kennedy in Canberra for today’s coverage.

1 Like

Back to blue graphics at 8.30

3 Likes

Angela introduced the panel at 8.30am, good idea not to have Denise Scott on the panel as she said herself yesterday she knows nothing about politics.

1 Like

Lachlan shuffled down to Canberra it seems to help out the overstretched bureau down there. They need more permanent staff in Canberra.

I finally watched Monday’s HYBPA last night. Sam Pang taking the piss out of Studio 10 while Denise Scott was comically defending it was hysterical.

5 Likes

Denise came on about 8.45am after Hugh left the panel.

Hugh has been coming back when the discussion goes back to politics.

Another example of them not caring about viewers. The show started at 8.30 like normal in Perth, but it cut out the early start and not sure if it’s live. So at 8.30, we get Angela saying “Welcome back to Studio 10”. No mention of who is on the panel, where Sarah is etc. Is it that hard to have the script say “Welcome Back to Studio 10 and Good Morning to our Perth viewers just joining us. I’m filling in for Sarah who is unwell”.

I know this sounds pedantic, but it’s my pet hate when viewers aren’t respected. Especially when it is so simple… The average viewer will be confused as to why they werent starting like normal, why ang was hosting etc…

5 Likes

Jennifer Keyte will be one of the guests featured on the Melbourne week.

5 Likes

I also think that once again the show is being mixed up to. I think they may have started with the 10am hour in perth as at 8.44am they are cooking…