State/Territory Politics

i dont doubt it one bit . im sure they will win

lol

3 Likes

Please don’t actually bet on that, it’s unlike to happen.

There was talk about Andrews stepping down this term long before any covid pandemic. As for the Liberals, they’ll win and win well when they stop alienating their traditional support base by moving away from the neo-conservative and evangelical fringe.

1 Like

Yeah, this just looks like more partisan wishful thinking from the Murdoch press.
(If you doubt it, where’s their criticism of the federal government’s failures, such as ignoring the horror bushfire season warnings, the stagnant economy before that, the Ruby Princess debacle after Morrison promised that the Border Force would directly control cruise ship arrivals, the empty announcements which aren’t delivered such as bushfire recovery assistance, and where’s their criticism of the huge debt the Liberals have created while still pushing forward with unaffordable tax cuts for higher income earners?)

Even if some Labor Victorian MPs are unhappy with Andrews, I’d be very surprised to see the party getting rid of him. As long as most MPs think they’ll win the next election, why would they dump Andrews?

They’d be stupid to get rid of him. Plus if that Herald Sun poll (Yes - I know. News Corp) was anything to go by, Andrews’ is still very popular even in a pandemic.

On a side note - Has there been any Newspoll taken recently for any of the states, not just for Andrews’ if there has been?

1 Like

WA Premier mispronounces a reporter’s name at press conference:

I don’t think his is going to stand down anytime soon judging by this at today’s press conference.

https://twitter.com/heidimur/status/1297362076709482496?s=21

I’m not surprised, I think o covid has changed things somewhat.

I’ve received three phone calls from the office of a Liberal member of the ACT Legislative Assembly ahead of the ACT election. The first time the person called me themselves, the second time was a robocall, and today a member of their staff called me. I outlined a couple of issues today but I could sense that the person really didn’t want to hear what I was saying. They call you and pretend to be interested, but they just want your vote.

1 Like

Following last nights 60 minutes and The Age investigations, the Victorian Liberals are now wanting answers over branch stacking allegations.

Like I’ve stated previously, people who lives in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. It was only a matter for time after the Victorian Labor branch stacking was made public.

1 Like

Liberal powerbroker Marcus Bastiaan resigned from the party this morning, following allegations against him in 60 Minutes and The Age.

1 Like

now that the NT election is over i now expect resources from both majors to be shifted to Qld as we go to the polls on Oct 31.

I’ve seen some campaigning but as we are only 68 days out i expect this to really ramp up now

A hill built from garbage in St Peters in inner Sydney has been partially washed away. Similar hills at Sydney Olympic Park and the hill at the M7-M5 interchange have partially eroded away over the years.

1 Like

I’ve driven past that hill and even before the erosion it looks so artificial. I don’t know why they built that so high in that spot.

1 Like

Labor has claimed victory in this year’s Northern Territory election.

Disabilities Minister Coralee O’Rourke also announced she would not recontest her seat at the election.

NSW Nats chucking a right wobbly.

1 Like

But will we see tabloid headlines of chaos & division?