State/Territory Election Coverage

And on nationally on ABC News 24 from 9:00pm AEST.

1 Like

Any word on presenters and panellists for each channel’s coverage?

Presenters for ABC TV coverage as posted in the ABC News thread:

Live from the ABC Election Centre in Perth, host James McHale and ABC News’ WA Political Correspondent, Jessica Strutt, will be joined by Michael Keenan, Federal Minister for Justice and MP for Stirling will represent the Liberal Party and Tim Hammond, Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs & Shadow Minister Assisting for Resources and Member for Perth (ALP).
ABC Election Analyst Antony Green will be calling the numbers as they come in, and providing full analysis across the night. ABC News journalist Rebecca Carmody will be interviewing the party powerbrokers.

1 Like

Ten hardly got any Coverage of the WA Election except in the 5:00 Bulletins.

2 Likes

Seven’s coverage promo states it will be hosted by Sussanah Carr, Geof Parry and Mark Riley.

1 Like

Typical of Ten!

1 Like

There is only one f!
https://twitter.com/geofparry7

That makes it impossible to watch.

1 Like

Good.
What makes everyone here think they were going to cover the WA election? Ten are useless.

Channel TEN is an absolute joke. Why having the 5PM Sat bulletins on the East Seaboard. They’ve never had any Localised Elections.

1 Like

On a rare occasion, TEN do have a local bulletin into WA. Notably in 2015, on the day of the AFL Grand Final.

Fun Fact: Last Australian Election on Ten was in 2014 for Victorian Election

1 Like

Nine has Pauline Hanson, Kim Beazley, Kim Hames, Liam Bartlett and Laurie Oakes.

1 Like

Will be watching Sky News and ABC side by side

Pathetic.

Just because she doesn’t represent your political views, or you don’t like her as a person - doesn’t mean it’s pathetic.

4 Likes

Good to see Nine putting in effort and having coverage this election. Before STW was an O&O station they never bothered with state election coverage.

6 Likes

As soon as I heard Pauline Hanson & Liam Bartlett were involved, I knew I would be looking elsewhere for election coverage. Not even the great Laurie Oakes would be able to overcome the crap (Hanson) & tedium (Bartlett) of those two.
Of more interest with Nines choices is that neither of their two main newsreaders is involved.

1 Like

The commercial stations want more money but the general public love the blackout on election TV adverts! It is also somewhat of a protection against late addition TVCs that could be totally false or misleading.

If I remember correctly the blackout for TV ads for federal election only starts on the Friday, one day before election day. Three day blackout for WA election seems excessive.

AFAIK state and federal election blackouts are Wednesday night before election.

http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/political-matter-tv-content-regulation-i-acma

Blackout period for election advertising

Clause 3A of Schedule 2 to the Broadcasting Services Act requires that a broadcaster must not broadcast an election advertisement from the end of the Wednesday before the polling day until the close of the poll on polling day…

The only upside to that hideous, heinous panel, is that they asked Kim Beazley instead of Mark Latham.

Latham and Hanson on a single panel would be dystopian.