Stan

I think some people took up subscriptions because of Romper Stomper series.

Source?

1 Like

As NECā€™s FY 18 interim reports elude to, probably due to 3 original local commissions rather than just Romper Stomper.

Stan achieved record sign-ups and viewing figures in November/December/January, boosted by three original productions: The US remake of Jungleā€™s Aussie comedy No Activity; season 2 of Screentime and Emu Creek Pictures Wolf Creek; and Roadshow Rough Diamondā€™s Romper Stomper.

I took up Stan for Will & Grace. Couldnā€™t care less about Romper Stomper. I have been watching RPDRA though too.

1 Like

I think Stan is a really good product and great value. I think weā€™re mainly watching Rupaul and Will & Grace at the moment, but originally took it up for Wolf Creek, Will & Grace and others.

2 Likes

I joined twice for Better call Saul and keep forgetting to cancel. I watched a movie on it last month .

Whatā€™s new on Stan March 2018

Stanā€™s heavy pitch for March rests on its exclusive content arriving in March, including new episodes of Billions, Rise and Ru Paulā€™s Drag Race

The Ex Pm and Luke Warm Sex are also on Netflix but appear as coming to Stan next month . Not sure why some of those movies are being mentioned as ā€œnewā€ theyā€™re ones they had expiring added back again eg Burnt, Charlie Countryman etc.

Seems Stan still is getting CBS stuff, Man with a Plan Season 1 and Incorporated is an American television drama scifi series. The show premiered November 30, 2016, on Syfy it says when I looked it up. The Game Season 1 and 2 in 4:3 but I assume back then not in HD.

Stan claims their deal with CBS is long-term, so unlikely to change.

1 Like

Definitely me.

Now, sashay away.

1 Like

I wonder how CBS All Access will launch if deals are tied elsewhere .

Same. Joined right when Stan launched to watch Better Call Saul. Combined with Netflix, itā€™s great.

If itā€™s like the US, their streaming deals for catalogue stuff are likely non-exclusive.

I donā€™t know who at Nine thought it was a good idea to have the brand associated with Romper Stomper. It probably wouldā€™ve been a better idea to have a fictional network drive the story surrounding the right wing media commentator played by David Wenham.

Fourth season will be an ā€œall starsā€ edition like Bachelor Pad or Bachelor in Paradise.

Optus sent me an email offering Stan for three months free, so I signed up today. Iā€™m somewhat underwhelmed by whatā€™s available. Iā€™ll probably watch some titles, the comedy television series and the world movies are ok, but Iā€™ll cancel before Iā€™m charged. Optus Fetch, Netflix and cutdown Foxtel Now will suffice.

Iā€™ve noticed the last few days that Stan has added a shit load of mini series like Shaka Zulu & Around The World In 80 Days, has Olā€™ Bruce bought Stan?

Bruce Gordon?

The Australian Financial Review reports today Stan and Qantas have extended their partnership which began last year. From June 1, Stan-commissioned shows like No Activity and Wolf Creek will be available on the airlineā€™s inflight entertainment system in a new channel Stan Exclusives. Qantas customers are not already Stan subscribers will be offered three month free subscription. Customers can access the subscription offer via the Qantas App or by logging into Qantasā€™ WiFi on one of its domestic WiFi-enabled flights.

The Other Guy has been sold to Hulu & Super Channel and will get a second season.

1 Like

Stanā€™s second original movie, The Second, will be released in cinemas nationally on July 5, before it is available to Stan subscribers from July 20. The movie stars Rachael Blake, Susie Porter and Vince Colosimo and is Mairi Cameronā€™s feature film directorial debut.