Stan

Could Stan get HBO in 2023… maybe ?

1 Like

possibly but im sure i read somewhere there looking at expending

2 Likes

ITV has bought Stan mini-series Bali 2002 at MIPCOM. It will premiere on streaming service ITVX in early 2023.

1 Like

Does anyone here have Stan basic? I’m thinking of trying it but I’m trying to work out whether it will be as bad as it gets? or manageable.

1 Like

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/dataroom/nine-entertainment-mulls-partial-sale-of-stan-streaming-service/news-story/2cb92d02db89313e3535d10e1e3c7359

Bit of a low key drop for Season 2 of Gangs of London. We just came across it tonight, but haven’t noticed any buildup prior to

Market experts believe that Stan has hit its peak when it comes to subscriptions – it currently has 2.5 million – and would struggle to compete with Foxtel, which owns streaming service BINGE, when it came to buying sports rights.

There’s certainly a bit of mayo on this one.

1 Like

what do you mean by that?

1 Like

What does it say ? It’s behind a paywall for me.

Yes I do on my Apple TV . Changed after the HD price went up. I don’t notice a poor image but i have a 720p 2016 Samsung 32 inch tv.

The Stan Originals look decent .

I’ve seen ads for it on 9now.

Hopefully, it looks ok. Both the tv’s that I will have it on are 4k 40’’ one Samsung 2017 and one TCL 2019.

I downgraded my Netflix to the standard as well so it will be interesting to see what the difference is.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if the Australian broadcast will be affected as Stan currently has the rights to Girls5eva.

2 Likes

My account finally switched over today so I could check it out. You were right the quality on the basic price is actually pretty good and the Stan originals are even better. Even the switchover between devices is good. No stupid delay like you get with Foxtel go. Will be interesting to see what the Netflix basic is like.

1 Like
1 Like

STAN BRINGS HOLLYWOOD HOME FOR THE AUSTRALIAN PREMIERE OF THE STAN ORIGINAL FILM, POKER FACE

Russell Crowe, Liam Hemsworth, Elsa Pataky and the who’s who of Australian stars walked the Stan blue carpet in Sydney tonight to celebrate the highly-anticipated Australian premiere of the Stan Original Film, Poker Face, releasing next week, 22 November, only on Stan.

Stan, Australia’s unrivalled home of original productions, tonight celebrated the upcoming 22 November launch of the Stan Original Film Poker Face with a star-studded blue carpet Australian premiere in Sydney, boasting some of the biggest names in Hollywood.

Director and star Russell Crowe was in attendance, as were fellow co-stars Liam Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky. Cast members including Matt Nable, Daniel MacPherson, Molly Grace, Steve Bastoni and Aden Young rounded out the film’s stars on the carpet, as a huge number Australian media turned out to support the film.

It was a family affair, as Crowe and Hemsworth were joined by their loved ones, as well as Hemsworth’s partner, Gabby Brooks, and the Burgess brothers from the South Sydney Rabbitohs. They were joined by the likes of British billionaire businessman and star of The Apprentice Lord Alan Sugar, singer Natalie Imbruglia, writer, director and star of the upcoming Stan Original Series CAUGHT***, Kick Gurry, and the Logie-nominated star of the Stan Original Series The Tourist, Damon Herriman.

Stan Ambassadors and blue carpet hosts Beau Ryan & Renee Bargh

Fellow Logie-nominated actor of the Stan Original Series Bump, Carlos Sanson Jr was in town, along with the recent winners of The Block 2022, Oz & Omar, and one half of Nova radio duo, Michael ‘Wippa’ Wipfli.

The Stan Original Film Poker Face is set in the world of high stakes poker. Crowe stars as tech billionaire and gambler Jake Foley who gives his best friends a night they’ll never forget, a chance to win more money than they’ve ever dreamed of. But to play, they’ll have to give up the one thing they spend their lives trying to keep… their secrets. As the game unfolds, the friends will discover what is really at stake.

The film was shot in New South Wales and marks Crowe’s second directorial outing following 2014’s AACTA Award-winning The Water Diviner.

Poker Face is produced by Gary Hamilton (Arclight Films) and Keith Rodger (Fear of God Films). Also producing are Arclight Films’ Ying Ye, actor/producer Addam Bramich, Ryan Hamilton, Catchlight Studios’ Jeanette Volturno and Jason Clark, as well as Matt Williams. Arclight Films’ Brian Beckmann, Screen Media’s Seth Needle and Conor McAdam, David Nagleberg, Walter Josten, Joe Thomas, Mikael Borglund, Romilda De Luca, MEP Capital’s Elizabeth Zavoyskiy and Andrew Kotliar, Jay Douglas and Alceon Entertainment Partners are executive producing, alongside Julia Stuart and Laura Grange from Sky.

A Hamilton Entertainment production, the Stan Original Film Poker Face is financed by MEP Capital, Alceon Entertainment Partners, DC Tour Pty Ltd, Sky, and Screen NSW through its Made in NSW fund and Post, Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) Rebate. Arclight Films is handling worldwide sales of Poker Face.

The Stan Original Film Poker Face will premiere 22 November, only on Stan

Personally I am surprised Paramount lets Beau be an ambassador for competitor Stan

1 Like

If he had an exclusive contract with Paramount then they’d have to pay him more.

1 Like