Stan Sport Football Coverage

Wow they’re really going all in on this. They want the EPL desperately. Good on nine for this level of commitment to the coverage.

With Ed going to Stan looks like we won’t see a resurrection of Santo, Sam and Ed on 10.

2 Likes

I wonder if Nine/Stan have signed Ed on an exclusive contract?

If the extent of his role is only limited to him co-hosting a show on Stan each Friday and he is able to continue appearing on HYBPA, could it possibly leave the door open for him to still be apart of Ten’s A-League coverage in some way?

Probably unlikely IMO, but it is interesting that he isn’t taking a more prominent role with Stan. He won’t be appearing as frequently as what Bozza and Craig Foster would be.

2 Likes

If Stan gets the EPL next season, I think Optus Sport is finished.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The confirmed Round of 16 draw is:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hope they get the Portuguese and Dutch league plus South American comps

1 Like

I think the question will be if Stan can get English-language commentary from the world feed, or have to recruit people to do their own if no English commentary is available.

3 Likes

Will only be world feed.

South American local commentary will hear “Gooooooool” each time a goal is scored

1 Like

They may also go for the Scottish Premier League, Serie A or La Liga.

3 Likes
1 Like

Only good thing about my team, Manchester United, being knocked out of the Champions League is that I can cancel Stan’s pathetic sports service. They can keep their rugby, tennis and motor sports! When Ru Paul’s present Drag Race season finishes I will p### off Stan’s complete pathetic service.

What’s wrong with it? Just interested to know the context behind your thoughts as I didn’t think there were too many issues with Stan’s service.

On an unrelated note, I must admit as a huge motorsport fan that the first time I saw Rupaul’s Drag Race listed I was expecting a very different type of program :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When I first heard about it I thought it was literally about drag racing on a well known race circuit and thought ‘What is the appeal in that?’ :rofl:

Must be because it’s a Nine service.

4 Likes

It’s overpriced and the two main so called experts are hopeless. Stand on the set like they just wandered in from the street. As for the comment about it being a Channel 9 service, I believe if it was 10’s service there would be a lot more criticism. Paramount+ football presenters are far superior and they cop their share of criticism by posters on here.

The only reason I subscribed was for Champions League Football, the rest of the sport Stan has is of no interest to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, agree with you on that- I’m a casual follower of football but don’t envy those who are diehards who have to subscribe to no less than four different services (Kayo/Foxtel, Optus, Stan, P+) to get everything when even just a few years ago it was all in one place. The lack of an option to subscribe to Stan Sport standalone (even if it was slightly higher than the combined price at say $15 per month) is also an area that I feel they are justified in being criticised for.

3 Likes

The draw for Champions League and Europa League quarter-finals and semi-finals was made tonight Australian time.

2 Likes

In a landmark first in Australian streaming history, Stan Sport will this week debut 4K Ultra HD live and on-demand streaming for the entirety of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League Finals series.

Any Stan account can access the 4K Ultra HD matches, provided they have the Stan Sport add-on, and a supported 4K-capable device.

4 Likes

Will the Champions League final on Sunday May 29th between Liverpool & Real Madrid be shown on either 9 or 9Gem or will it only be on Stan?

2 Likes