Sports Tonight

I think they’re going to throw highlights on that screen during the show and I guess they’re cramming it to fit into the crane shot.

1 Like

I bet the Ten Sydney atrium still has “Sports Tonight” written on the wall (above where the old set used to be, right-hand side of the 2008-2011 sets)?

That Logie should look nice on the desk :wink:

4 Likes

I hope they incorporate the circular/oval design into the graphics like they did with many previous packages!

edit: I wonder if they’re gonna incorporate footy focus as a segment in the show since Laurie Daley is on the Sydney footy focus.

Says it will be in the press release at the top :wink:

Fans of the show will be pleased to know that the much-loved Play Of The Day will be sticking around, as well as a new segment – Footy Focus – which will dissect the talking points of the nation’s favourite sports.

While watching some old Sports Tonight clips, I can’t get over how sleek the transition from the Sports Tonight to the Ten News brand was in the opener titles, it’d be nice to see the same consistency with the brands again if the upcoming Ten News rebrand eventuates later this month as teased in the Ten Eyewitness News On Air & Presentation discussion:

15 Likes

Promo here:

12 Likes

Those graphics are great!

8 Likes

The music is amazing also!

4 Likes

A rather interesting logo formation on the Promo Endtag as well… :thinking:

5 Likes

Hi CBS, can Ten’s light blue 3D logo please be taken out to pasture?

7 Likes

And please. It’s looking really tired now, hope an On-Air Presentation refresh is due soon, the logo looks better as an outline or a single solid colour, no clue why didn’t just adopt the Ten HD variant of it.

2 Likes

I personally don’t like the Ten HD variant even more. An outline logo would be a brilliant watermark, but not sure about a logo. Definitely a solid colour, or a soft gradient of a single colour if they kept the Ten circle logo.

But, LONG LIVE NUMERICAL 10!

2 Likes

Very much hope that design philosophy rolls out over the Ten News broadcasts soon. Love the clean, HUD look.

5 Likes

Set looks awesome! Interesting that they flew the old “Evening News” desk up from Melbourne!
I think the orange lighting looks awesome. Last thing we need is a sea of blue! There is wayyyyy to much blue branding on TV here in Australia.
One thing Ten have over the other networks is that newsroom. The versatility it’s lighting is awesome!

5 Likes

I agree… the newsroom looks as large and credible as al jazeera! :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

From the TV promos -multiple across today’s Supercar coverage.

7 Likes

From the caps I’ve just noticed that beside the LHS screen and the video wall there are more set pieces to extend the space, no doubt static panels similar to how The Loop’s new set is configured.

Great they’re they’re based in the iconic newsroom, but it would be a shame if you can’t really see it because everything is hidden like on Studio 10.

6 Likes
3 Likes