Sports Tonight

Glimpse of the set here:

Check out @SportsTonight’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SportsTonight/status/1108272350372352001

4 Likes

Why are they standing so close to the video wall.

I guess because that’s where the news presenters stand for the opening headlines?

1 Like

Why 10.30?

Ten would be better off providing a sports show on Sunday mornings. It’s a waste.

1 Like

Preview

4 Likes

9 Likes

That 10 should really be in a circle.

4 Likes

In a circle or not in the title card at all.

Format has been tweaked to be package driven, feels more like the old show as opposed to last year’s iterations.

5 Likes

I think they should have changed the desk.

Something a little bit more different from the news and studio 10

The yellow/orange accents work much better with this set than the previous one. I hope they get to make use of more than just the desk.

1 Like

Video montage

11 Likes

Not a bad little show last night, I didn’t mind it.

At both the desk and on the couch, it seemed like Ant was too far away from Roz & Scott.

Having a studio guest from time to time would make a good addition and be a good use of the soft set area.

It’s such a shame that they hardly promoted it as returning at all, some press releases across some media channels yesterday and they only then updated the social channels with the fact that it’s returning to our screens - it’s almost as if they knew it was going to fail by putting it in 10’s current lowest rated weeknight in a late time slot and couldn’t be bothered.

2 Likes

From the photoshoot, I got the impression that Roz and Scott were co-hosts and Ant was the third person. But, to see Scott was hosting by himself, I was a little disappointed.

Was he though? I thought both Scott & Roz had fairly equal air-time with throwing to ad breaks and returning, introducing stories, Roz obviously read the headlines too.

1 Like

I would have liked to see them host all the segments together (like The Project). Not necessary but I think they are weak by themselves (unlike Matt). It would also be a clear difference to last year.

Agree. Maybe slot it in after Gogglebox on a Thursday or Sunday at 9.30? Even 6pm Sundays.

1 Like

Exactly. Why such a crap slot. Take a punt and put it at 6pm or even 5.30pm Saturday and Sunday. Try and pick up the weekend sport watching Market.

3 Likes

I would say leave it Wednesdays but just add a 6pm Saturday and Sunday. Would rate the same if not more than the other crap they have there on the weekends.

8 Likes

Set looks great! So versatile!

1 Like

Against live AFL and NRL on 7 and 9?

1 Like