Sports That Don’t Have Or Need A Thread

The NBL today announced the revised fixture for the first two rounds of the 2021 season, due to various border closure caused by COVID-19 outbreaks in Sydney and Melbourne. The competition, which was scheduled to start on January 10, has been postponed to January 15 when Cairns Taipans take on (Illawarra) Hawks at home.

1 Like

We Kings members are being screwed around. Looks like our first home game is being delayed until possibly March because of COVID rules and this stupid cup.

Fuck the cup off and keep the season going as is.

It’s not the NBLs fault you have an incompetent government that elected not to get ahead of the virus and choose to just let the virus continue to spread with limited restrictions despite other states continuing to press for tougher restrictions in NSW including mask wearing…

The cup will be beneficial for basketball.

2 Likes

No, this is nothing more than to line Larry’s pockets with more cash and benefit the two Melbourne teams. Those two and Perth get the lions share of good fortune with regards to the NBL. The Cup of Shite (Ole Ole Ole) should be pissed off and postponed.

Babe Didrikson Zaharias was also awarded the medal posthumously. She died in 1956 and was arguably the greatest ever female golfer.

2 Likes

The revised Australian Grand Prix weekend of November 18-21 would see the event fall between Supercars’ appearances in New Zealand (November 6-7) and Gold Coast (December 3-5).
Supercars is saying that it will assess the opportunity to race at Albert Park in the new slot, but an additional event on the current 12-round schedule hasn’t been confirmed.
In the meantime, Melbourne’s Sandown Raceway will host the second round of Supercars championship on 19-21 March.

1 Like

10 will be delighted I would have thought with some big sporting events taking place in a space of a month. Like Melbourne Cup, Formula 1 and Phillip Island MotoGP.

3 Likes
1 Like

Sorry but where is there any logic or sense in this? America’s COVID situation is absolutely distributing however they don’t put restrictions in place and still allow big events to happen WITH crowds despite they are no where close to getting to the bright side of the virus.

Victoria have seemed to have relatively beaten COVID with no cases in the state yet we only have 15,000 at our sporting events because we are responsible with the decision making yet the US have no sense whatsoever to follow Australia’s lead that had proven it works…

I agree - although you have to remember that 74 million Americans voted for Trump in the recent election and many are simply in denial about Covid

1 Like

They need to do what Australia has done. Put restrictions in place and if people don’t follow them, arrest them. That is the only way to stop them and slow the spread of COVID. Why America hasn’t gone into full lockdown yet baffles me. Joe Biden I know has sense so hopefully he will make some changes

Florida hasn’t had caps on crowds in stadiums since October - so they could have a full 75,000 if the NFL desired

1 Like

and this makes ZERO sense

1 Like

He won’t. It’s too far gone.

1 Like

I didnt think he was able to, the states had to (like how it worked here)

1 Like

It doesn’t appear like he’s even going to try though:

Biden is already looking like more of a palate cleanser than a change instigator.

2 Likes

His change in tune about the response is concerning - going from “I’ve got a plan” to where we are now he’s in the seat and making comments like that has to make people wonder whats changed

He realistically was never going to turn it around in a short space of time - is this an attempt to buy more time (which I’m not quite convinced they have) or is the situation much worse then what they expected/understood?

3 Likes

Agreed.

The fact the Trump administration had no vaccine plan, as has been reported in recent days, is worrying and obviously something the Biden admin will have to fix but there doesn’t seem to be the urgency I would expect from someone needing to sort out a mess.

1 Like

Given Trump’s reticence to accept the result of the election and the delays in commencing the transition whether the incoming administration were given any advance briefings as to the situation

3 Likes

Rip Curl pro-surfing shifts to NSW.