Openers

Presenter Headers

6 Likes

If anyone has caps or videos from 2004-2005, feel free to post in this thread

NSW Update with Sarah Cumming - Monday 19/7/2004:

7 Likes

Never knew Sarah Cumming was at SC10 before she was at Seven :smiley:

3 Likes

So after Souther Cross she moved to 7 Adelaide yeah… then 7 Sydney?

2 Likes

That’s right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Melissa Polimeni, I thought that name sounded familiar, regularly heard on 3AW News in Melbourne IIRC. 20 years ago a SC10 News presenter in Canberra:

It’s amazing how many from this newsroom have gone on to bigger things:

Kath Robinson (CommSec/Ten/ABC), Sarah Cumming (Seven), Lachlan Kennedy (Ten Sydney), Joel Crean (Ten Melbourne), Alexandra Bryant (SCA radio Sydney then Melbourne), Julie Snook (Nine Sydney).

Wonder if their former boss Ali Drower (also presented and often on weekends) still runs things? Fiona Nelson was also another senior/long-timer.

2 Likes

Ali hasn’t been with SCA since 2018

3 Likes

Brett Mason (ex-Ten and SBS reporter) and Amanda Abate (now Seven Gold Coast) also got their start reading SC10 updates

2 Likes

Also used to read news at 3AK (pre-SEN) in the early 2000s and these days can be heard reading the news on ABC Radio Melbourne

2 Likes

Actually that must be where I’ve heard her

2 Likes

Emma Larouche went to 9 Canberra, Tim Hatfield to 7 Adelaide, Grace Fitzgibbon to 9 and 7 in Sydney. Few more I am sure.

For all the many issues with this service, then and now, it was a good starting point for young broadcasters to launch their careers, and as far as sorta entry level media jobs go, it’d be a pretty decent one I reckon!

3 Likes