Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Code for these are the songs we’ll be flogging for a month before putting them in mothballs, then stating they’re unflogged again a month later.

2 Likes

Happened with Radar love, being flogged now and really starting to dislike it.

It’s been more than a few weeks; it was going on in late January when I was there on holiday.

It’s weird hearing the Unflogged Weekend on Mix 106.3 Canberra, including the distinctive Triple M voiceovers.
I wonder what the other half of the Canberra FM joint venture thinks (or would if they paid attention) of what SCA are doing with the programming of ‘their’ station (well the station with their, admittedly former, branding on it).

This Triple M rebranding is a bit of a mess - promos for giveaways for ‘MMM Club’ members running on the regionals, cool. Cue pre-recorded giveaway during afternoons today.

“Hey [caller name], it’s Al from the Club at the radio station.”

Could you get any more generic?

1 Like

ARN must have given SCA the ok to program it, as it is slowly becoming Triple M.

Apparently the arrangement is - and has been for a long time (probably since the inception of the Canberra FM partnership) - that ARN do the business stuff (including selling advertising), SCA programme both stations, one has SCA branding the other ARN branding. The change is over the last few years SCA has increased the amount of Triple M Localworks content on Mix 106.3, so yeah, as far as content goes they may as well rename it to Triple M.

2 Likes

Al Dobie from Gold FM and Steve from East Bendigo your going to vegas.

what?

1 Like

Why the hell can’t Al Dobie just say Triple M?

1 Like

Not Al Dobie - Al Shield (ex-Star FM Bendigo) who’s hosting The Greatest Years in Music.

Otherwise, wasn’t the point of the transitional brands (2GO, 4TO FM, Gold etc.) to leave in all references to Triple M (eg. “4TO FM, part of the Triple M Network”) in the expectation that these stations will eventually fully migrate to the Triple M brand?

80s fans rejoice!

The Triple M regional network is playing the “Eggcelent 80s” over the Easter long weekend. Looks like 4TOFM and 2GO are also taking this - not sure about KOFM as there’s no mention of this on their website.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Classic Hits & the Greatest Hits networks will take the same network feed for the “Eggcelent 80s”.

No, from what I understand, each network take different feeds for “Eggcelent 80s”. EON-owned Mix FM on the Sunshine Coast, who normally has its own log during local programming, is taking the SCA “Greatest Hits” log for this long weekend.

Here’s the logs for the two regional Triple M stations, thanks to Online Radio Box:
Albury (Greatest Hits): Free online radio stations – listen for free at OnlineRadioBox.com
Toowoomba (Classic Hits): Triple M playlist

1 Like

That’s a shame, don’t like hearing the zombie networking on Mix. Hoping that with the great financial return each year, Mix could move away from any non local music programming.

1 Like

Anyone know why 2GO take the AFL? Doesn’t seem like real AFL heartland there.

1 Like

Seems like a majority of the SCA regionals in NSW take the AFL, even up in Townsville on 4TO which is real unusual and they don’t even take the NRL show.

My guess is for contractual reasons, which explains why Triple M Sydney are airing AFL on Saturday nights, even when the Swans or Giants aren’t playing… there can be no other logical programming merit for Triple M doing this.

How come some regionals have to take it and others don’t. It doesn’t make a lot of sense if let’s say KOFM, Triple M Orange and a few up in regional Queensland are excused from the agreement.
Seems Triple M Coffs Coast and Mid North Coast are takin the AFL as well.
Gold FM is just playing music.

Newcastle doesn’t take it as it’s a competitive marketplace, plus I reckon Mike would have an aneurism if we had to take it lol. Grand Final yes, but no other games.

I believe MMM Coffs takes it but MMM Port doesn’t… sort of makes sense as there’s a lot of overlap in those 2 markets, which gives the market more choice… hence why Port is Classic Hits and Coffs is Greatest Hits.

1 Like