Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Rod Brice didn’t drop the ball… It was a technical fault with SCAsat … so we played music all night rather then wake the country

1 Like

The only people who live in Mackay who I’ve ever heard refer to the area as North QLD are those that have moved up from down south. Born and bred locals refer to it as Central QLD which is correct. There are also a few businesses in the area that have expanded south from Cairns or Townsville which have “NQ” in their name every now and again.

Central QLD Uni is the main university of Mackay.

Well you’re wrong! :stuck_out_tongue:

A friend of mine who works in the public sector once explained to me that the official government definition was that the 47xx postcodes are Central QLD and the 48xx postcodes are North QLD.

3 Likes

Oh fine I’ll try to do better :slight_smile:

I worked for a major bank in the 90s and their definition was the Pioneer River! Anything north of that got an extra week’s leave! So people working in North Mackay got 5 weeks annual leave, while the main branch staff only got 4 weeks - true story!

Sorry wildly off topic I know. Anyway everyone hates cricket on Triple M LOL

5 Likes

Wonder why KO aren’t taking it, dissapointing to say the least.

So 92.7 will take Luke Bona? That is disappointing.

it’s a rev up, gathered that there was some sort of teething problems.

Great to have it confirmed it will be on, thanks, great to know the Sunshine Coast won’t be without overnight talkback.

Looks like I’ll have to listen to 4KQ now on graveyard shift :cry:

1 Like

Perhaps they too had a problem with SCA’s sat as found on the Sunshine Coast?

Why? Much better to have live, quality interaction than a music shift. Luke’s shift is live radio, immediate, current, metro quality, what radio should be.

It’s doubtful even the purist’s option of local overnight announcer could match what can be done with Luke’s show.

FM radio is for music, not talkback. Have a listen to NZ station ‘The Sound’ between 7-12 NZ time to hear what a good music shift sounds like. Full album sides, music trivia, music news and news/weather every hour. Perfect! No bogan trashy talkback that we have now. That’s why I loved doing the graveyard shift as I’d be driving around all morning listening to minimal ads and sometimes better music then during tne day.

I can’t believe people actually like the new overnight show

2 Likes

KO-FM will be from January 23. They have an issue with old technology that had to be sorted out first

Not every SCA regional station is on FM, 963 Limestone Coast, 963 Griffith, 1152 Wagga & 864 Darling Downs are still on AM, Luke Bona would sound good on those AM stations.

You forgot the ex-Radiowest stations in WA, which are all on AM. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Silly me!, yes & all the Triple M AM stations in good old WA!

Couldn’t agree more. Can’t think of anything worse than bogan talk overnight on FM. Agree about The Sound NZ too.

I can’t see how callers last night discussing their Aboriginal heritage, and being sent to live in “white homes” and a white man discussing his amazing life being brought up by “black family” with Luke then discussing his indigenous heritage can classify as “bogan talk” nor can I imagine how bogan it is for a huge discussion on Monday morning about Krokodil and security guards in Fortitude Valley fearing for their lives can classify as bogan talk either. This is real life, not just what Stephanie thinks for her Potts Point mansion or wherever the heck she lives and calls 2GB from. Perhaps you need to take your rose coloured glasses, or in this case, rose coloured hearing aides off, and take a real listen. You might learn a thing or two.

In the past 4 weeks this show’s covered an amazing array of topics, done with realism, humour and grace

1 Like

I never wrote that Mix 106.3 was taking Bona’s program. I did write that they were increasingly taking more Triple M programs in the evening and on weekends.

And herein lies the problem with networked talk shows. Where the hell is Fortitude Valley and why are there seemingly so many security guards there? I am guessing as it’s a valley it might flood and the security guards are worried about drowning. I just googled Fortitude Valley and it is 947 kms north to where I live.

Between 10.30 and 11.20am on 2GB this morning they talked about whether Queensland should have daylight savings. This included a 20 minute interview with the Brisbane Mayor. Seriously - I don’t give a toss what time it is in Queensland (unless I am on a holiday in the state).

If Luke is talking about indigenous issues, drug problems such as krokodil and why security gurads who live in a valley somewhere are fearing for their lives then I have a new slogan that MMM might like to use:

“Triple M - Sydney’s Home of Rock, Sport, Comedy, Intelligent Talkback and Commentary on Important Social Issues. 104.9 Triple M”

3 Likes

Those of us who work with people interstate, such as working for a company which has to deal with the different time zones, or are otherwise indirectly inconvenienced by Qld, NT & WA insisting on being different from the rest of us (despite there being good reasons for not needing Daylight Savings in almost all of that large area), may not find it totally uninteresting.

1 Like

Interesting, look who is back with a new name for the new year.