Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

2 Likes

Is that Zoe Sheridan or Paris Mason on female VO?

3 Likes

I am not liking it at all. The first song I heard this morning when I first started up my Ute was Dancing In The Moonlight, followed by Bad habits. It’s sounding like the female skew Feel Shit music days.
I went back to the work place today in Mackay where I was working on Monday and they were stream Triple M Brisbane. :joy:

6 Likes

Triple M 99.5 Cairns has announced their new Breakfast duo Tammy Barker and Jason Bodge, with Elliott Lovejoy to present a 4-6pm Drive Show from Cairns.

A win-win for localism in the region.

CAIRNS HAS A NEW TRIPLE M BREKKIE SHOW KICKING OFF MARCH 7TH!

Incase you missed it: Local legend Tammy Barker will be heard across FNQ as she teams up with a new voice in our region Bodge!

Elliott Lovejoy finally gets to sleep in and you will hear him 4-6pm on Triple M Drive!

2 Likes

Who seriously thought it was a good idea to change the regional playlist? It’s pretty average, Ed Sheeran into AC/DC, in what world should that ever happen? I normally back SCA on here but this playlist awful. I thought they would’ve learnt from last time they did this.

4 Likes

SCA rarely ever learn anything.

5 Likes

I agree, the new format is bloody awful.
Ive done a bit of work at this big workplace in Mackay over the past 2 years and they always had Triple M Mackay on. I noticed this week on Monday they were listening to Triple M Mackay and they were all complaining about the music. I heard one person complaining how many times they played Ed Sheeran and Robbie Williams. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday they were listening to Triple M Brisbane.
One other thing that pisses people off is, the number of format changes this station has have in the past 5 to 7 years.

3 Likes

I disargee. I think the Regional playlist move away from the Triple M Brand of Rock music.

I used to listen to it but it lost it way till recently. If you want the Pop and stuff, Hit the brand to go to

2 Likes

That’s a real shame as Jay and Dave are the best breakfast duo by far

3 Likes

I agree mate. They are the best breakfast duo around.

2 Likes

I think with the protectionist, closed nature of our commercial radio industry, especially in regional areas, there are simply not enough different choices available to listen to for music, which means that networks such as SCA have to skew very broad and/or adopt hybrid formats like we have seen with the Triple M regional network, which ultimately only serve to satisfy no-one.

4 Likes

Yep 100% correct, the big gripe I have though is what they had before was fine. It was slightly softer than metros but a few different tracks thrown in made it good listening. But this change is just atrocious, I had it on in the car yesterday for 20 minutes and I had to turn it off. I shuffled the radio dial to New FM for a second and instantly regretted it, so I decided streaming was the best option.

4 Likes

I’m a 50 year old male and live in Melbourne. I can only do a couple of hours of 105.1 MMM because it’s to much Guns & Roses, sweat child of mine, AC/DC, Jet, heavy repetitive rock. That’s why GOLD rates so much better. Went to Moe yesterday and listerned to 94:3 MMM and loved it. It’s more like a GOLD but with 1 or 2 new songs to mix things up. For some of the regional towns they need a GOLD type station and the MMMs have just been to heavy. I love the new format, love variety and I think they have hit the nail on the head. Except when we left to come back I turned the radio on and they were doing bloody footy. But I agree this new format is exactly where they were at about 4 years ago.

7 Likes

Regional city’s in here in Queensland already have a Gold type format station (4CA, 4MK, 4CC and 4BU). This is why one format fits all approach by SCA is BS.
Have a look at Triple M Townsville when they were playing ‘Rocks Greatest Hits’,they were playing the exact music as Power 100.

6 Likes

I don’t know if they have been tinkering with the playlist, but I have listened for a few hours on and off for the last few days, and thankfully I didn’t hear Ed Sheeran or Robbie Williams once, I heard one George Ezra song, but almost everything else seemed to be 70s to 90s. What I heard didn’t sound too bad.

3 Likes

To be honest mate, I haven’t listened to it since early morning on Wednesday when they played Dancing in the Moonlight followed by a Ed Sheeran song. That turned me off. Hopefully you are right and they have twigged the music.

2 Likes

I heard Ed Sheeran this morning and turned it back to 2MMM straight away.

6 Likes

Al shield moving from MMM regional mornings to Albury breakfast from 15 March. Who will host afternoons

4 Likes

Does Guy Mylecharane still do mornings?

1 Like

Sorry got mixed up, yes guy mornings, Al 12:00 to 15:00.

4 Likes