Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I noticed this morning that Mix FM Sunshine Coast and 4MMM were sharing a log, at least for the 9am hour. Thought it a bit odd too

5 Likes

I didn’t think that started until next week… maybe that’s the metro version.

1 Like

They are soliciting though

1 Like

Yes I noticed that with Triple M CQ. Personally I am quite liking it.
Hopefully this is going to be a ongoing thing with some of these regional station like Triple M CQ, Mackay and Cairns.
What log are the AM Triple M stations taking?

2 Likes

Eon’s stations still take some SCA network tactics I believe (on top of some networked shows), think Sea still does RnB Fridays for example

1 Like

They’re also taking the Brisbane log.

3 Likes

Brilliant move if M’s regionally are the same as 4MMM.

Now to fix the Hit playlist… I’d copy hit105 or The Fox.

2 Likes

It’s nothing more than a cost cutting exercise attempting to reduce the workload of their MD’s who have had their working hours significantly reduced.

I heard it on Coffs Harbour today and quite liked it!

5 Likes

I think it’s more permanent than that. The stations I listened to changed their positioner as well - from area’s greatest hits to Rock’s Greatest Hits. That to me suggests the format is here to stay, not just whilst the pandemic has cut hours.

5 Likes

Yes I think a lot of cuts made by companies due to the coronavirus will end up being permanent. Companies in all sectors are using this as an opportunity to permanently change their cost base. Anyway I think the format change to the regional Triple Ms will be welcomed, and especially if the Hit stations move a bit more AC I think that’s a better outcome in 2x FM markets.

6 Likes

Absolutely. A shame about Newcastle. I heard Halsey and Lizzo the other night when scanning around the web. Just awful.

1 Like

After further investigation on Lava, they’re taking the Mix 94.5 Perth log.

Lucky that many parts of Newcastle can get Triple M Central Coast for a more rockier alternative. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What does NEW FM play? I haven’t kept up with their format. Weren’t they playing rock once upon a time?

4 Likes

NEW FM has a Hot AC format, which could be said to be a mixture of MMM Newcastle & Hit 106.9 on the one station. Or in other words, not that much different to MMM Newcastle.

Yes, NEW FM was playing rock in its hey day of the late 80s & pretty much all of the 90s, as well as in the early 00s.

6 Likes

Good chance for NEW to go back to its roots given what Triple M and Hit are playing.

Up in Townsville, Triple M and Power sound very similar now.

5 Likes

Why won’t Newcastle change their log, any reason behind it as I believe the Rock format would suit the city?
I’m a big fan of the Brisbane log and have been listening to it a fair bit recently.

5 Likes

Is Triple M Townsville taking the Metro Triple M log or the Mix 94.5 log?

1 Like

A brilliant move if the M’s are taking the metro log. That means a move to a more rock-skewed format. THIS is what Triple M is all about. And this is what I was expecting when SCA re-shuffled their national MD’s and CD’s (i.e. with Mickey Maher in charge of national music & Fitzy and Gemma in charge of Hit and Triple M nationwide).

It’s no use aligning brands if the music isn’t aligned.

8 Likes

The Metro Triple M log.

2 Likes

Just put Newcastle and Gold Coast on it.

3 Likes