Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Yes.
https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/crocmedia-radio/933/198

3 Likes

Be great to see if SCA buys Move FM and 2LT making Move, hit107.9 Lithgow / hit99.5 Katoomba and the same for 2LT converting it to 900 Triple M, 101.1 Triple M.

At least if they do sell Lithgow/Katoomba will finally see a local quality breakfast show.

3 Likes

That’s not really possible under the Media Diversity Rules, as the Lithgow commercial radio licence area presently only has 4 voices (Midwest, Seven/Prime, Nine/SCA, 10/WIN). If SCA were to buy 2LT/Move, the number of voices would go below the required minimum of 4.

OT, I think the most likely buyers for 2LT/Move would be BOG, Grant or Capital.

8 Likes

whoever is announcing that… I hope they dont working for them (which it looks like they do) because it could be considered insider trading on the basis that both stations are public companies

1 Like

After listening this morning at work, has “The Range” finished up/shunted to MMM Country/on a break? We got 4 hours of Almost Acoustic Sunday before the rehash of Mooney’s garbage today.

1 Like

The Range with Lee Kernaghan is now on Triple M Country.

1 Like

How does that work for GTS/BKN as that’s SCA owning 7, 9 and ten?

1 Like

Nine & 10’s licences in the GTS/BKN licence area were issued under Section 38A, in which they’re supplementary licences for its main station/network (Seven).

It’s similar to how WIN owns & operates all 3 networks in South East SA, Riverland & Griffith/MIA.

2 Likes

Does that mean that they basically used as secondary channels to 7?

3 Likes

Pretty much, yes.

2 Likes

And I think Mildura still has Prime7 and WIN (Ten) with Nine Mildura as a joint venture?

2 Likes

GTS is Port Pirie & BKN is Broken Hill and both centres do NOT have SCA Radio Stations

3 Likes

Aside from maybe local advertising, GTS & BKN have essentially been one and the same for many years (if not decades) now though?

2 Likes

Probably… I don’t think they ever had split programming in the winter months for different football codes? Thus I imagine BKN has always taken the same Australian Rules matches that were aired on GTS?

2 Likes

Broken Hill has always been more South Australian rather than New South Welsh in sporting codes, timezones, businesses.

4 Likes

Yes, I don’t think they ever even showed State Of Origin there, despite being in NSW, not at least until SCN or BDN licences we’re granted.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Apologies for quoting a very old post, but couldn’t find an answer to a query. Mix 106.3 in Canberra have been using a variation of the Moonman in the Morning song to promote their brekky show. It starts with “I said, Wake up Canberra…” and then just continues sans lyrics underneath show highlights.

Are any other regional stations doing their own localised version?

5 Likes

Coffs Harbour is. “I said hey, Coffs Harbour! You’ve got Moffee in the Morning!”

4 Likes

I thought when the regionals M’s went back to playing The Greatest Hits just recently, they would of cut back on playing Guy Sebastian and Pink 20 times a day and widen their playlist a lot.
No - They are still playing the same repetitive cheap pop crap when they we doing the Feel Good format.

5 Likes