Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Not sure mate I know he left Hit and was working at the Golf Club.
He seemed quite happy to be out of radio from what I seen

2 Likes

Dave who was on Triple M Hedland hasn’t been on air for over a week. Profile photo has been taken down. Network breakfast going into Hedland, wonder what’s going on?

4 Likes

Looks like he’s left the industry. Based on comments on his personal Facebook it may not have been entirely voluntarily.

3 Likes

He is taking a break to focus on his mental health.

2 Likes

Given both Broome and Hedland are on the 6NW licence, I wouldn’t be surprised if they run a combined show across both markets. SCA have ruined the NorthWest, Carnarvon is a shell of what it used to be under the old owners.

6 Likes

As mentioned on the Gold Coast media thread (see post), Triple M on the Gold Coast has slightly rebranded themselves to 92.5 Triple M Gold.

4 Likes

Interesting! I wonder if that means Gold Coast gets a separate, maybe older skewing, log? With maybe more songs from the 70s?

I’d be surprised if there is anymore similar dual branding like this as eg. Triple M KOFM or Triple M KO would just sound odd.

3 Likes

It’s just to reiterate its heritage in the market with Hot Tomato Gold on DAB.

2 Likes

92.5 has been pushing the heritage element quite hard for a little while now, with promos saying they are the Gold Coast’s original station since 1966 and the like, as well as radio text in their RDS feed. So not overly surprised to see this (though I thought it might be a full rebrand back to Gold FM given what Sea FM did not long ago).

4 Likes

Gold Coast is also a market where the 3pm edition of the Marty Sheargold Show has Troy Ellis purposely doing some custom Gold Coast back announcing/branding. Not sure how many other markets they do that for.

Melbourne gets a different “here’s what you missed on the breakfast show” type feel which is fair enough but it’s fairly generic on most Triple M stations other than Melbourne and Gold Coast.

3 Likes

I always find that such a cynical move, to try and claim to be the GC’s original station when they are just another Triple M in reality. Adding “Gold” to the end doesn’t change that.

4 Likes

As I said in the other thread, I think SCA management must be on crack? I mean its rediculous the way theyre chopping and changing everything… Say what you want about Hot Tomato but at least the brand is clear

4 Likes

Honestly, it reeks of them double dipping on the branding, like they did with the Hit Network (ie. Hit 101.9 The Fox, Hit 104.1 2DayFM). That went down like a lead balloon too.

5 Likes

How far is too far before the industry can label SCA’s Hit/Triple M rebrand as a flop?

• SeaFM Gold Coast is back
  • Triple M Gold (to make up for the loss of GoldFM)
  • B105
  • SAFM
  • 2DayFM never completely changed
  • The Fox never completely changed

What’s next?

7 Likes

As far as we here are concerned & some others in the industry, it was a flop from the day it was conceived.
Generally the public don’t care, most still refer to the stations old/original names anyway.

SCA will tell you it was a complete success, as it was done for ease of selling advertising, nothing else, they could sell a block of ads on the Hit network or the Triple M network, they didn’t/don’t have to list every station in contracts or discussions.

Engineering wise, internally they are all rebranded & referred to as either the Hit or Triple M service (along with the frequency of which one you’re talking about) including FOX & 2DAY.
Just to annoy them, if I have to work on any of the SCA transmitters I refer with them to the NOC as their call-signs (or original name), I say I’d like clearance to work on the 2DAY 104.1 transmitter or the 2MMM 104.9 transmitter, they’ll then usually reply with clearance granted on the Hit 104.1 service or Triple M 104.9 service.

11 Likes

Still refer to 864 Toowoomba as 4GR, confuses a few new comers at work but meh always was 4GR until SCA had the bright idea to make an AM service a Triple M
Ohh and the official callsign is still 4GR

9 Likes

Pricey finished up on air for good last Monday (Christmas Day) He will be missed,I know from following Triple M Townsville on Instagram.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Didn’t hear him on this most recent Sunday.

Curious why you’ve found this story now @MichaelPower ?

3 Likes

Summer break you’d assume.

2 Likes